The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats the matter with furnace? Mine went out once, no relighting. Guy came out, slid out a small tube called "ignitor" rubbed some very fine sandpaper over it, stuck it back in and bingo. I always try that one if it's not coming on.

Bubba

Whats the matter with furnace? Mine went out once, no relighting. Guy came out, slid out a small tube called "ignitor" rubbed some very fine sandpaper over it, stuck it back in and bingo. I always try that one if it's not coming on.

Bubba
we were hoping for that easy repair but…

The boiler needed replacing which was 3000.00 parts only. There so far was no availability but they are still checking. We decided to upgrade to the tankless wall hanger type. 8500.00 plus install. They start Wednesday. 😞

The boiler needed replacing which was 3000.00 parts only. There so far was no availability but they are still checking. We decided to upgrade to the tankless wall hanger type. 8500.00 plus install. They start Wednesday. 😞
gas subby?
Not to be a painin the ass
I wired 3 of them but what iahve been hearin is they need maintance with buildup onthe inside.
Also not sure if finding some one who works on them may be tough
Do you have natural gas or propane?

I am DONE.....time to get wasted. What to smoke......Sativa since it is the Middle of the afternoon....hmmm....Donkey Butter x Cindy 99.....or Lemon Betty which is Lemon Skunk x Fat Betty. Decisions Decisions......

I need a new furnace, gonna get the A/C replaced as well......I hate to think what that will cost. Thinking 10,000! That is gonna put a dent in the wallet.

I am DONE.....time to get wasted. What to smoke......Sativa since it is the Middle of the afternoon....hmmm....Donkey Butter x Cindy 99.....or Lemon Betty which is Lemon Skunk x Fat Betty. Decisions Decisions......

I need a new furnace, gonna get the A/C replaced as well......I hate to think what that will cost. Thinking 10,000! That is gonna put a dent in the wallet.
Yep, that’s probably what it will end up costing us too.

gas subby?
Not to be a painin the ass
I wired 3 of them but what iahve been hearin is they need maintance with buildup onthe inside.
Also not sure if finding some one who works on them may be tough
Do you have natural gas or propane?
Natural gas. Yes finding a gas mechanic is tough. Most of the heating and AC places don’t even have one anymore.
and yes the system has probably not been maintained in the years before we bought it either. It was inspected when we bought the place but probably only to see if it worked which it did up till now. We plan to get a once a year service contract on it as well. Don’t think anyone ever did in the past which may be the reason why we are in this spot when the unit is only 13 years old.

Natural gas. Yes finding a gas mechanic is tough. Most of the heating and AC places don’t even have one anymore.
and yes the system has probably not been maintained in the years before we bought it either. It was inspected when we bought the place but probably only to see if it worked which it did up till now. We plan to get a once a year service contract on it as well. Don’t think anyone ever did in the past which may be the reason why we are in this spot when the unit is only 13 years old.
IMHO in my experience if you have the room get a gas boiler and get an indirect hot water heater ,
Both do what they are intended for
A efficient gas boiler makes boiler water efficiently and a indirect hot water heater is very efficient .Boiler can be vented out side .
If it is a wall unit I am thinking of it has heat exchangers for hot water which can get clogged with mineral deposit .

Latest posts

Back