The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spectacular, Talk about a big mofo of a balloon...

The moon as seen from the Arctic Circle, between Russia and Canada.It only lasts a few seconds, but it's worth seeing. It's a spectacular sight — and in real time! Imagine that you are in a place between Canada and Russia and that, suddenly and for just 30 seconds, the moon appears in all its splendor and disappears before your eyes. Looks like the moon is going to collide with the earth. But even more impressive, and for just 5 seconds, a total eclipse of the sun takes place. It's spectacular! The video was shot in real time.This phenomenon happens at the perigee point of the moon's orbit around the Earth, where the proximity of the Moon is so evident that, suddenly, we realize the great speed at which the Earth is moving.

Attachments

• articcilles.mp4
    5.3 MB

The moon as seen from the Arctic Circle, between Russia and Canada.It only lasts a few seconds, but it's worth seeing. It's a spectacular sight — and in real time! Imagine that you are in a place between Canada and Russia and that, suddenly and for just 30 seconds, the moon appears in all its splendor and disappears before your eyes. Looks like the moon is going to collide with the earth. But even more impressive, and for just 5 seconds, a total eclipse of the sun takes place. It's spectacular! The video was shot in real time.This phenomenon happens at the perigee point of the moon's orbit around the Earth, where the proximity of the Moon is so evident that, suddenly, we realize the great speed at which the Earth is moving.
Cool but fake I think. But cool indeed.

S

Sorry Joe

https://thevocalnews.com/viral-news...on-eclipsing-sun-in-the-arctic-is-fake/29643/

We also have a ton of combined albums and CDsView attachment 319524View attachment 319525

We still have a turntable and listen to them. I’ve gotten rid of a pile of CDs tho that I’m not into anymore. Still have two spinner racks and a few shelves of them tho. Still listen to them too
Wowza! Impressive collection! Are you a geetar girl too?

I used a stroboscopic turntable with a diamond stylus to record my vinyl on 7 1/2" reel to reel, so as to preserve them. Alas the teenage children of one of my live-ins between marriages played them and scratched the s-hit out of some of them.

I still have the turntable and reel to reel recorders, as well as dual decks for CD's DVD's, cassettes, and VHS

Wowza! Impressive collection! Are you a geetar girl too?

I used a stroboscopic turntable with a diamond stylus to record my vinyl on 7 1/2" reel to reel, so as to preserve them. Alas the teenage children of one of my live-ins between marriages played them and scratched the s-hit out of some of them.

I still have the turntable and reel to reel recorders, as well as dual decks for CD's DVD's, cassettes, and VHS
Do you still use the turntable reel to reel, cd/DVD cassettes and vhs or are you holding on to it for nostalgia? Do you have an 8track too?

Do you still use the turntable reel to reel, cd/DVD cassettes and vhs or are you holding on to it for nostalgia? Do you have an 8track too?
I only play the ukulele and a little keyboard now and then…
Mr Subbie plays all those 5 string stuff. I have a nice guitar but can only strum some chords at a drunk party 😜

Can I ask a question
Where is Mr Sub while you are always on this site with us old men
He’s right beside me usually smoking with us. I tell him about you guys now and then when y’all post something funny or there is a great weed picture. I’m sure he sees the coffee girls too now and then as I’m surfing thru the site. We usually hang out all day together. I know right? We both have our hobbies too but we don‘t usually get tired of each other. We outgrew that. 🤣

I needed to post this again
1675900417631.png

He’s right beside me usually smoking with us. I tell him about you guys now and then when y’all post something funny or there is a great weed picture. I’m sure he sees the coffee girls too now and then as I’m surfing thru the site. We usually hang out all day together. I know right? We both have our hobbies too but we don‘t usually get tired of each other. We outgrew that. 🤣
Cool
My wife takes no intrest

I haven't used any of it for about a decade. I have no good reason to hold on to them.

I have an Masterwork 8-track player, but not a recorder.

The turntable is an Akai AP Q50 Quartz lock and is in good shape, albeit dusty from storage.

One of the recorders is a Teac A-4300-SX and the other a Sony 630D. Both need work.

The cassette dual deck is a Sony TC-WR-350C, the CD dual deck is a Teac RW CD-2, and the VHS is a GO Video DDV 3120. DVR 4000. All in good condition.

I was mistaken about the dual deck CD also being a DVD but it is only a CD/CD-R/CD-RW recorder, though I do have a GO Video VHS to DVD dual deck DVR 4000. It too is in good condition besides dust.

Latest posts

Back