The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it ironic that I have it bad in my flower room where my humidity is down to 40% with the dehumidifier. My veg room humidity is up to 65% and I see traces on leaves but nothing I’m worried about. The veg plants will be treated with potassium bicarbonate, and neem oil sprayed on liberally tomorrow when the room is cleaned out. From what I’ve read, powdery mildew dies immediately when the alkalinity is low and that’s what the potassium bicarbonate does. The neem oil is used as a wetting agent.
40% doesn’t sound bad. My tent runs at that and over 50% too with no PM issues. I had PM in one tent but I think it was an air flow thing. Haven’t had it since fingers crossed 🤞 hope you get it out of your veg tent. That Lost Coast stuff worked like s champ for me getting rid of it quick. The bottle says you can use it as a maintenance. I’ve only used it in emergencies

big, I'm on a first name basis with the florida biosafe rep, they make oxidate and the newer version which I have also used...it slows it but I'm just not gonna play the game with it...I got plenty in bags and jars so a cycle isn't gonna hurt me...I've been washing my plants every other day and it's just not worth the ** I am doing, I chopped 3 6 week plants today due it it in the flowers...not gonna waste my time salvaging dirty immature flowers into oil...the lost coast is a bit too greasy for my liking in mid to late flower subbie...it does work, for a while...

40% and you have PM that bad? Wow...good I see Big just chimed in....he suffers from terminal PM. 🤣

are you kidding! with 5-10% humidity we are the envy of many a ganja farmer

i was totally shocked the year we got it , looking back we had a lot more rain than usual

B ut i did NOT want to use Eagle-20 which someone suggested!

i wish i could recall who turned me on to the Oxidate

big, I'm on a first name basis with the florida biosafe rep, they make oxidate and the newer version which I have also used...it slows it but I'm just not gonna play the game with it...I got plenty in bags and jars so a cycle isn't gonna hurt me...I've been washing my plants every other day and it's just not worth the ** I am doing, I chopped 3 6 week plants today due it it in the flowers...not gonna waste my time salvaging dirty immature flowers into oil...the lost coast is a bit too greasy for my liking in mid to late flower subbie...it does work, for a while...
Maybe you can use it on your veg plants.

are you kidding! with 5-10% humidity we are the envy of many a ganja farmer

i was totally shocked the year we got it , looking back we had a lot more rain than usual

B ut i did NOT want to use Eagle-20 which someone suggested!

i wish i could recall who turned me on to the Oxidate
Hold on big fella I was referring to your knowledge but you knew that.

Fried-day the dab bar is open

View attachment 322386

anyone else do the 720 dab?

View attachment 322387
Rat cheer.........
I’m glad the beans worked out for you Subbie, the girl crush is not a large yielder, but what she lacks in size she makes up for in potency. You seem to have done justice to your flowers, they look beautiful. I’ve got some very strong flavors I will be putting into flower directly. What bothers me the most is I don’t know the origin of the powdery mildew so I’m just going on faith that I get everything that can be gotten treated. If I never see that stuff again, it will be too soon.
We are the powdery mildew capital of the world and besides dehumidifiers, we blow lots of air on the plants so that every leaf is shaking. Rule of thumb here is that if it isn't shaking it's mildewing.

same here gray, I have wall mounted hurricane fans that oscillate and it keeps the branches swinging...I even have a fan for under the canopy which is lollipopped...I thought I was doing my new grow textbook but being surrounded by thousands of acres of woods, wetlands, and pasture all kinds of nasties pop up in the wind...once it gets to the flowers the jig is up, at least in my eyes...you can only wash so much off but leave a trace and health issues can occur...

same here gray, I have wall mounted hurricane fans that oscillate and it keeps the branches swinging...I even have a fan for under the canopy which is lollipopped...I thought I was doing my new grow textbook but being surrounded by thousands of acres of woods, wetlands, and pasture all kinds of nasties pop up in the wind...once it gets to the flowers the jig is up, at least in my eyes...you can only wash so much off but leave a trace and health issues can occur...
Dang boo. So sorry for losing your plants but I hope you get it figured out. I was so excited about your new grow room. ☹️

Dang boo. So sorry for losing your plants but I hope you get it figured out. I was so excited about your new grow room. ☹️
I've got back ups of all strains subbie, it was difficult sawing the 6 week plants down...I've been holding off placing the new genetics in flower due to the PM but after the clean up and remedial milder inhibitor I can't see how it can come back...I just came back from shutting down the ozone genny and boy does it smell weird in the flower room...tomorrow I treat the plants once they are moved into another building and then all hell breaks loose...next stop, napalmville folks...:mad:

Geez. You and Subbie are a pair, no error. Bloody experts to the point where -- without humor or hyperbole -- I cannot figure out what you are talking about.

Stuff like "Florida biosafe rep" <-- some kind of an office for safety with bio stuff?

Oh hellfire. "Biosafe" is some kind of plant fertilizer fixem-upper. But the rest from both of youse is still all insider-code.

Mongo impressed.

Good morning
Good morning Ness!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
coffee.gif
sunny.gif

Boo are you running a dehumidifier ? I run mine at 50% inside and have never had PM
Outside it comes on at the middle of August and has to be treated right from middle of veg here.

Latest posts

Back