The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to try a heating pad here in a bit.
B733EC35-1E6F-429B-B9E4-EF1063B805E3.gif

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I am still in serious pain. Every time I left my left leg I get a sharp pain down the back side of my thigh and top of my calf like a sciatica. The left side of my foot is numb. I called the doctors hotline and they lady said, "didn't the doctor tell you about this pain"? NOT LIKE THIS!!! She is calling in a oral cortisone prescription for me. I don't know if that is going to work or not. This is fking crazy man, I feel like I am just dragging my leg behind me and every step is horrible. I just want to stay in bed. I already went to the hospital Friday morning....they gave me a muscle relaxer shot and dilaudid in my iv. Surgery was wednesday....I was hoping by now it would be getting better not worse.
Not nice. Hang in there - it must pass

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I am still in serious pain. Every time I left my left leg I get a sharp pain down the back side of my thigh and top of my calf like a sciatica. The left side of my foot is numb. I called the doctors hotline and they lady said, "didn't the doctor tell you about this pain"? NOT LIKE THIS!!! She is calling in a oral cortisone prescription for me. I don't know if that is going to work or not. This is fking crazy man, I feel like I am just dragging my leg behind me and every step is horrible. I just want to stay in bed. I already went to the hospital Friday morning....they gave me a muscle relaxer shot and dilaudid in my iv. Surgery was wednesday....I was hoping by now it would be getting better not worse.
Commiseration and empathy brother. I canceled the same surgery once I learned that it wouldn't stop my back pain and had a 15% complication rate, besides limiting me to 25 lbs lifting capacity for the rest of my life.

They put Grayfox on gabapentin for her sciatic pains, and it worked.
I have a dilemma I'm supposed to go for a colonoscopy Monday. Thing is my phone was shut off and I didn't know it. I was waiting for a call Friday to set up a time and didn't receive one. Called the hospital and the Gastroenterology office was closed. My question is did I get put on the list for Monday morning or not. I don't know if I should take the medicine I need to take or not. If I take the medicine than find out that I'm not scheduled for Monday that would be a waste of time. Then I would have to take the medicine all over again for rescheduling. :eek:
Thing is I don't know if they scheduled me without getting in contact with me for a time to arrive to the hospital. What does anyone think?
What SG said.

bE CAREFUL
Sounds to me that you are experiencing Drop Foot on top of sciatic nerve pain down leg from mid hip azz area to ankle. I have it too. You may have to get healed to a point to start Physical therapy.
To get most of the pain under control. Mine never goes away just dont feel it as much,
How is the pain when you lay down at night to sleep.
My falres up numb and burning left lower leg

I have a dilemma I'm supposed to go for a colonoscopy Monday. Thing is my phone was shut off and I didn't know it. I was waiting for a call Friday to set up a time and didn't receive one. Called the hospital and the Gastroenterology office was closed. My question is did I get put on the list for Monday morning or not. I don't know if I should take the medicine I need to take or not. If I take the medicine than find out that I'm not scheduled for Monday that would be a waste of time. Then I would have to take the medicine all over again for rescheduling. :eek:
Thing is I don't know if they scheduled me without getting in contact with me for a time to arrive to the hospital. What does anyone think?
Thats sucks. I would try and go anyway, but what do I know. I am so sick and tired of how they schedule procedures.

bE CAREFUL
Sounds to me that you are experiencing Drop Foot on top of sciatic nerve pain down leg from mid hip azz area to ankle. I have it too. You may have to get healed to a point to start Physical therapy.
To get most of the pain under control. Mine never goes away just dont feel it as much,
How is the pain when you lay down at night to sleep.
My falres up numb and burning left lower leg
The only real time it is bearable is if I lay on my sides in bed.
Sure, hope you find someone to get your medicine.
It is on it's way. I am hoping it works!!!!!

Just had one .I doubt they scheduled it I would not take the prep and have them reschedule it IMHO

I am not suppose to sit for long periods, which I am not. But walking had become harder every day. My only other option is to lay in bed, which on my sides is the only way I can get some comfort.
Your body is telling you what it needs. Listen to it. Stay in bed. When mine gets bad, which is often, I spend the day in bed. When the pain level gets to 8, only a few beers on an empty stomach and a time release oxy chewed up instead of swallowed kills the pain enough to be bearable. There's a thin line between being out of pain and opioid overdose/death. I'd never eat two.

You've already shown more balls that I've got. I've been dealing with a screwed up back for 25 years or better, and I still don't have the guts to let 'em take a knife to me.

Called the hospital again and they told me I would have to call the Gastroenterology department in the morning couldn't give me any advice about starting the medication. Still haven't heard from the Doctor. I'm just going to reschedule since I didn't get a time or a O:K to go to the hospital in the morning. Thank you guys and gals.🥰

dunno if this will work but I too was being told to eat lots of gabapentin...not such a good idea after all...I weaned myself off the stuff...I don't trust many doctors nowadays...

Yeah, Grayfox complained of being foggy and certainly acted doofy. They reduced her dosage from three per day to two and that helped.

Called the hospital again and they told me I would have to call the Gastroenterology department in the morning couldn't give me any advice about starting the medication. Still haven't heard from the Doctor. I'm just going to reschedule since I didn't get a time or a O:K to go to the hospital in the morning. Thank you guys and gals.🥰
depending if you have any other issues ,they might want you to be cleared by other drs ( neurologist,ect)

Latest posts

Back