The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use them in my stone crab traps down here. Cheap, stink and last long.
(*snork*) You just reminded me of a sobering and enlightening (and funny) thing I learned about courage.

I discovered I had a mental limit on the number of stone crabs I could catch by hand.

Down in the Keys, we'd be snorkeling and find a crab hole. I'd reach in and feel the roundy thing down in that hole... grab it and pull it out quickly to see where I was holding it. <-- Adjust as necessary immediately before it bit off a pingle.

Second hole, I get that behind-the-knees goosey feeling, but push through and bring out the crab.

Third hole, I look at it and think that two claws is fine. I wuz done playing Floriduh Roulette for the day.

Chicken feet are often used for the delicious broth in soups and cooking in our local restaurant.
when I was a kid, I went to the meat market with my grandaddy. He purchased 2 chickens which were for some reason back then hanging by their feet, gutted but still had their heads on too. The butcher bam hacked off the head then another bam chopped off the feet and tossed them both on the scrap pile. My grandaddy said what about the feet? The butcher said you want feet? Then piled a grocery bags worth of feet in Newspaper, wrapped it up and we took them home. I don’t remember eating them as my momma did all the cooking for both families as well as my cousins family who lived on the other side of us.

I’ve had chicken feet and fish heads and I think maybe dog too at my Pacific Islanders friends house. It was all very good actually. His aunt and old lady lived with them and did all the cooking. Not much meat on chicken feet and the heads were deep fried with no breading. Not much meat on them either but I wanted to say I had tried fish heads and rice and that was my chance.

Good morning yall. Welp I guess I over did it yesterday. Leg pain is in full force this morning. Sending the ol lady in to meet with a few customers instead of me going and working. I am taking the full day to rest properly today. Time to fire one up! When she get's back I am pretty sure I can convince her to make me her famous biscuits and gravy!!!!!
Hope you all have a wonderful stoney day. Green Mojo going out to all of your grows!!!

Latest posts

Back