The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know that your dog loves you more than life itself roster.
I am done with the morning chores and I’m now back icing my back before I head out and to mow the front five. I just put new blades on the mower so cutting the grass will be a pleasure. I checked on all the beans that I popped and I have two old maids that have decided not to show themselves yet….🥺
bitches ....,.,

I’ve had chicken feet and fish heads and I think maybe dog too at my Pacific Islanders friends house. It was all very good actually. His aunt and old lady lived with them and did all the cooking. Not much meat on chicken feet and the heads were deep fried with no breading. Not much meat on them either but I wanted to say I had tried fish heads and rice and that was my chance.
I've tried just about anything you can think of from whelks to spiders to duck heads to what I found out later was dog. <--Pissed me off, although it was not a joke. They just were not aware of my Big Nose cultural bias in the concept of dogs as food.

Street vendors have them piled up all cooked. Looks terrible to Westerners.
1680385146533.png

I have tried Monkey brains not a big fan
We regularly ate calf and pig brains and eggs growing up. I remember the family story of an aunt who cooked them for her first time and didn't know to cook the brains before adding the eggs.
Did you like the taste of those chicken feet?
That was a long time ago and I don't remember them being all that tasty or much of anything to chew on but tough skin and sinew. I know I wasn't motivated to eat more and they typically went into the garbage when we cleaned chickens, which went to the hawgs.

I have a friend who regularly uses them for their collagen, to make bone soup.

my ex bil was full Cherokee , last name was Walkingstick

anyway , he turned me on to squirrel brains and scrambled eggs with wild onions
Must be an Indian thing. My deceased brother, Redskin, used to get pissed off at me when we went hunting 'cause I'd do head shots on fox squirrels. He conned me into going for heart/lung shots so he could save the brains. He'd scramble 'em up in his morning eggs, too.

I have some work in the grow first thing then back outside. Been really dry so I am gonna water bushes and trees at some point today. I also see some grass that winter killed. Looks like I will be back planting grass seed as well today.

Warm day today, more snow next week. Spring in Colorado....

Latest posts

Back