The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damn just snapped that bubbletrouble was weedhopper. you old fart why didn't you tell me? been wondering where you was. good to see a new beginning, so morning old farts. i'd like to see yard dog and kraven back too.
Sorry brother i was trying to right a wrong. Now thats done its time to get the Passion back to its roots.
And yeah we need to find some of the others that got run off with the Politics and crap. Ive got a few forums i will be visiting to see who i can find. Everybody else needs to do the same.

We had a hen that lasted two days without a head.

Oh... dear... Roster, you have triggered 70+ year-old memories.

My Aunt DeeTee considered herself to be a pretty good shot with the old Winchester .22 kid-sized rifle. BTW: I still have that rifle. My Daddy bought it for $2 in 1910.

Aunt DeeTee said to me: "See that rooster? I'm gonna make him jump by splashing dirt on him between his legs."

She aimed, fired, and the prized rooster dropped flat dead -- shot through.

I got in trouble with the geese. I saw one of the geese eat a small piece of raw bacon. Within three minutes, the bacon was pooped out.

Bright bulb emoji here. I had a great idea. I took a chunk of the bacon, and tied a piece of string to it. Fed the bacon to the goose, and when it came out, I grabbed another goose.

After a while, I had five geese strung beak-to-bum honking around like a parade, with me holding the clean end of the string.

One goose was named Aunt Rody. It is in my novel, The Cadet. When Grandma began plucking Aunt Rody's soft down out, the goose would burble happily and snuggle on Grandma's lap. The tufts came loose very easily.

What was funny was that when Grandma had plucked all the loose down from Aunt Rody's tummy... she'd shoo the goose down onto the porch.

...And Aunt Rody would jump back up on her lap wanting more plucking.

Hey all you carnivores , easy of the birds

091E654F-A942-4A88-89FE-79E931D1A5F9.jpeg

I got in trouble with the geese. I saw one of the geese eat a small piece of raw bacon. Within three minutes, the bacon was pooped out.

Bright bulb emoji here. I had a great idea. I took a chunk of the bacon, and tied a piece of string to it. Fed the bacon to the goose, and when it came out, I grabbed another goose.

After a while, I had five geese strung beak-to-bum honking around like a parade, with me holding the clean end of the string.
OK, Walt. You've got to pull on my other leg because you've got me walking in circles. :)

Well i mowed my yard. Got the grandkids coming over. There Dads at work and their Mom goes to work at 11:30. We are going to be daycare. My beautiful Granddaughter is going to be 10 on the 27th. My grandson is a little over a yr old.

OK, Walt. You've got to pull on my other leg because you've got me walking in circles. :)

Farm life in the '40s was like nothing at all today. Here's one that had me as the patsy when I was 8 years old:

There was an apple tree on the "house side" of a barbed wire fence. Moos love apples. They were on the other side of the fence. So I'd wander over to the apple tree and pick a few apples to throw at the cows.

It was like throwing candy to kids. Even if I reared back and thumped a cow amidships with an apple, the moo would just spin to gobble it up.

OOOH-Kay. Stage is set.

Here goes Himself, over to the fence one day with rifle in hand. I had spotted a woodchuck on the far side of the field and it was my job to shoot them and cover up the holes. Moos are beyond stooopid, and will step right in a hole and break a leg. Bad ju-ju.

I was easing slowly across the field, sneaking up to where I could get a good shot.

Something... suddenly didn't feel right. I turned around and

YIIKES!

Here came the whole fargin herd of cows, runnin' flat out and not ten feet from me before I saw them, all of them trying to get to me first!!

...for some apples!

Well, it took two seconds (that's a long dang time under the circumstances!) for me to realize the situation... and terror turned to hilarity.

All the moos came skidding to a stop all around me like 1200-pound puppies.

The hunt was off, and I went back across the field with my entourage, climbed over the fence and nailed dam' near every one of them with apples.

Last edited:
I ever tellya of the time Herself and Your Humble Obd'nt &tc were... well, you know.

But... Disaster! The hook pulled out of the ceiling, the swing broke, ice went everywhere, the watermelon fell into the...

...Oh. Wait...

Disregard the above.

Latest posts

Back