The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new neighbors just moved in across the street. Thinking about taking a plate of cookies over soon.

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F210820160408-02-taliban-us-weapons-parade.jpg

I did the same thing when I was younger. I'd bought a half ton Scottsdale pickup for my work truck. Went to K Mart to grab something. Came out, went to my truck, unlocked the door, climbed in, and put the ignition key in, but it wouldn't work. Shit. Looked around and thought that "this is way too clean to be MY truck", so I eyeballed the lot and saw the identical truck to mine (two tone blue and gray) two rows over.
Locked the guy's truck back up, went over to mine, unlocked the door, and this time the ignition key worked.
I talked to a dealer friend of mine, and he told me that Chevy only made about ten different door keys for that year. Beings as how the truck was made right here in Genesee County, my key would probably fit a dozen of 'em in the lot.
In the 70s I worked at a pizza joint that delivered. Store supplied by the cars, older GM.
Occasionally, a driver would lock self out of car. We motored over with the big honking ring of GM keys. You just keep trying one after the other, one would start it every time.

Bubba

I did the same thing when I was younger. I'd bought a half ton Scottsdale pickup for my work truck. Went to K Mart to grab something. Came out, went to my truck, unlocked the door, climbed in, and put the ignition key in, but it wouldn't work. Shit. Looked around and thought that "this is way too clean to be MY truck", so I eyeballed the lot and saw the identical truck to mine (two tone blue and gray) two rows over.
Locked the guy's truck back up, went over to mine, unlocked the door, and this time the ignition key worked.
I talked to a dealer friend of mine, and he told me that Chevy only made about ten different door keys for that year. Beings as how the truck was made right here in Genesee County, my key would probably fit a dozen of 'em in the lot.
OMIGAWD!!!

I am not alone.

Although, to be fair... I believe I have screwed up an order of magnitude greater. Mebbe two orders of magnitude (1000X). I was on a bidness trip to San Fran back when it was nice. I parked my rental Lincoln in Chinatown and wandered around a while.

Came back pretty late in the afternoon, got in the car, and drove it back to the hotel. Turned in the keys and the car.

A week later, I received a letter to me in Floriduh from the car rental people. I had turned in a car that had later been reported stolen by the owner. They were frantically trying to find the "real" car so that the SF Fuzz would back off. I told them it had to be in Chinatown.

It gets "better" <-- The fargin car was half-buried in parking tickets. It was about to be towed to the impound yard. (Right hand/Left hand never met in the SF Po-po).

Turns out, except for guilt -- and later a lot of humor -- my exculpatory act was to turn in the car to the rental agency who accepted it.

Made it up to them to get it all straight. I haven't been back there in 40 years.

My new neighbors just moved in across the street. Thinking about taking a plate of cookies over soon.

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F210820160408-02-taliban-us-weapons-parade.jpg
My governor, in her infinite wisdom, has pledged to take in 20K of the Afghan refugees. I wonder how many of them will be sappers? Hopefully, they'll start with the capitol building in Lansing first.

My governor, in her infinite wisdom, has pledged to take in 20K of the Afghan refugees. I wonder how many of them will be sappers? Hopefully, they'll start with the capitol building in Lansing first.
Your governor is an idiot.....how did she get elected. However my govenor is liberal and gay....who am I to talk.

Latest posts

Back