The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning my old fart brethren. Time to be up and at 'em, boys and girls. Coffee time , followed by "wake 'n bake" time. Puffin' 'n passin'.
Hippie420, Oops I missed your special day. Happy B-Day bro. In honor of the day, I bought ya a new toothbrush.

Oh Dang it
See the source image

I missed it too,
Happy Birthday Brother Hippie
See the source image

That is a natural fade at harvest walt.
That is NOT natural fade. I don't know what has infected it but it's not fade. It started in early slower and got worse as it was flowering. Should have chopped it down as soon as I seen it. It has infected other plants in the grow.

Another day in trim jail.....

That is NOT natural fade. I don't know what has infected it but it's not fade. It started in early slower and got worse as it was flowering. Should have chopped it down as soon as I seen it. It has infected other plants in the grow.

Another day in trim jail.....
Oh dear. I am so sorry -- it is probably my fault, somehow. I have never, in 40+ YEARS of trying, gotten a plant to grow higher than ten inches before something rotted it, ate it, whatever.

Now, I read things here about 77 degrees... pH readings, light and humidity controls approaching spaceship level, oddly-named chemicals I've never heard of before, yada ad infinitum.

All of youse guys will probably laugh when I confess to having believed that all you needed to do was put a seed in the ground and *poof* you had weed. :rolleyes:🤷‍♂️:eek:

PS -- I have absolutely NO FARGIN IDEA what "trimming" does or how it is done and what the heck is being trimmed, and why. Honest.

Good morning folks

@Unca Walt ...trimming all the leaves off the plant , trimming

people do not smoke the leaves like we used to back in the 60’s so they are trimmed off..

some people trim their plants as soon as they are harvested..this is wet trimming

Other people harvest their plants and let them dry out before they trim them..this is dry trimming

the big fan leaves are trimmed off and usually discarded......the smaller fan leaves that are close to the flowers are called sugar trim , the sugar being a reference to the sticky trichomes that cover the tiny leaves and flowers , and the sugar trim is usually saved and processed later through some form of extraction , whether it’s dried and cured and smoked , or processed into bubble hash , or made into essential oil by solvent extraction , or the keef is harvested off the sugar trim..

hope that helps

Unca Walt, trimming is when you remove all the fan leaves and trim the bud leaves down to the bud, it's when you make the bud look pretty. It's lots of scissor work. I usually only pick and trim an ounce or two at a time and even then it's a pain. It's fun for like five minutes. I had a friend who used to pay trimmers $20 an hour and he would still have a hard time getting people to do it. I can't imagine the work that some of these guys put in to bring in their harvest. I think they have trimming machines now but I've never used one or even seen one. The bright side of trimming is scissor hash, you scrap off the scissors after you trim and are rewarded by a bit of very sweet hash.

Unca Walt, trimming is when you remove all the fan leaves and trim the bud leaves down to the bud, it's when you make the bud look pretty. It's lots of scissor work. I usually only pick and trim an ounce or two at a time and even then it's a pain. It's fun for like five minutes. I had a friend who used to pay trimmers $20 an hour and he would still have a hard time getting people to do it. I can't imagine the work that some of these guys put in to bring in their harvest. I think they have trimming machines now but I've never used one or even seen one. The bright side of trimming is scissor hash, you scrap off the scissors after you trim and are rewarded by a bit of very sweet hash.
Rude
I have heard of the land of the Lotus Eaters
Image result for lotus eaters

But now I see the Ice Cream eaters amongst us.
Young Dude and how it started LOL
See the source image

Sorry stain. Didn't realize you had issues ..... I do love a Nice natural fade at the end of a plants life cycle though.

Happy belated b-day hippie. Mine is tomorrow....70.....you are right there with me my frirnd. How did we ever get so old???!!!!

Girls are getting beneficial tea and nutes today.

hello folks. passing through. i am dead dog tired, with a busy weekend looming. i'll be glad to slow down and relax for a change. i'm starting to see what these old men have been talking about. i'm in my mid 30's and i can feel myself slowing down already. i used to go wide open from dawn to dusk. these days i am beat down and tired by wednesday

Thanks patwi. Mine is tomorrow so not belated.....just trying to make me old before my time......let me have one more day in my 60's please.....

@ YD, you ain't seen nothing yet. Double that age and I will show you aches and pains like you can't believe. Slowing down????......I can't get up once I sit down.

Where is everybody today. Lonely in here.

Back to work.

giphy.gif

Sorry stain. Didn't realize you had issues ..... I do love a Nice natural fade at the end of a plants life cycle though.

Happy belated b-day hippie. Mine is tomorrow....70.....you are right there with me my frirnd. How did we ever get so old???!!!!

Girls are getting beneficial tea and nutes today.
I have heard when we reach 70 years of age our lower extremities do start to yellow and fall off at some point.
Happy Early Birthday
Image 0

Latest posts

Back