The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YD, I knew of a young couple that went to buy a house and went through the same thing. They went in, made all of the repairs, and as soon as they finished, the seller took it off the market. All the money for materials and sweat went up in smoke.

Meant to ask ya, has your wife had to go **** mining to find her wedding rings lately? I laughed my ass off when you told that story years ago.
no, only that first and hopefully only issue. that was a mess. dang dog ate a 6 grand ring.
dog is still doing well. she is almost five now. and one of the best dogs i've ever had.

Yarddog i remember PJ. He was one of the 1st ones on here to use Leds. I use to give him a hard time about it. That was back when talking about Leds wasnt taken well by HPS growers.
Guess he proved me wrong about Leds because they have come along ways.
yeah i have read some of the old threads. he is a good grower, and defiantly knows how to use led to the fullest potential. last i heard, a year or two ago he as breeding n a large scale.. i am mixed about led. i bought a top brand light, paid 350 bucks for it, and in 1.5 years it was dead. it did have a small wattage draw which was nice. i still flower under a 400 HPS, and i veg under a T5 fixture. i have had pretty good results using the off-the-shelf screw in led lights for vegging. never flowered under them, but the bang-for-buck is pretty fair. especially for vegging, and keeping clones on the side

Yeah i actually would always have ppl who were interested in Leds to ask PJ.
Ive never used Leds. I always used HOT5s for Vegg and have used them for flower many times. Had some pretty nice buds doing that. But i prefer HPS for getting the most out of my grow.

Last edited:
@yarddog yes pj has gone big time and was at overgrow. how is 13 doing? last i heard of him was from you saying he was in the hospital. i know where to buy pj's gear at too. i want some of that cherry tart.
last i heard 13 was doing ok, out of the hospital. i had a safety meeting with him a few years ago, on a diet for the diabetes that almost killed him and was much thinner and trimmer than the previous time I'd seen him. i think after that ordeal he shut out a lot of the outside stuff. i tried twice to get in touch with him but was ignored. things change, no harm no foul. really good guy though, and was glad to have met him a few times.

When will it all end.... Still in trimming jail... Well Blondy is today. This is what she's trimming up atm. A sour bubble clone from the pepper patch. House smells divine.

frosty pepper pot.jpg

pepper pot.jpg

I've been building out the new RMH for this house. Test fired it and it already rockets even that it is still very wet. A great sign. Still got a long way to go before its finished. (about 4 days) Then it's a wait for it to dry out slowly. Should be dry by the first freeze. The mass will be mostly dry stacked brick inside a wood frame. Should hold and slowly release the heat well. Even will have a hot seat to warm the old buns up on the right. More pics when its done.

rmh core.jpg

Laugh at the flooring. We will be putting down new when we pull out the old fireplace next summer. The earthquakes here have busted the flue pipe. Cheaper to pull it out.We're adding a sunroom and sliding glass doors in its place.

Off to take a HOT shower...my bones ake...

Good morning my old fart boys and girls, how everybody be today ? I gotta take an 85 mile drive this afternoon so that I can get a Covid 19 test done before the biopsy on my lung done first thing in the morning. At least the VA is putting us up for the night. More coffee time right now.

When will it all end.... Still in trimming jail... Well Blondy is today. This is what she's trimming up atm. A sour bubble clone from the pepper patch. House smells divine.

View attachment 264790

View attachment 264791

I've been building out the new RMH for this house. Test fired it and it already rockets even that it is still very wet. A great sign. Still got a long way to go before its finished. (about 4 days) Then it's a wait for it to dry out slowly. Should be dry by the first freeze. The mass will be mostly dry stacked brick inside a wood frame. Should hold and slowly release the heat well. Even will have a hot seat to warm the old buns up on the right. More pics when its done.

View attachment 264792

Laugh at the flooring. We will be putting down new when we pull out the old fireplace next summer. The earthquakes here have busted the flue pipe. Cheaper to pull it out.We're adding a sunroom and sliding glass doors in its place.

Off to take a HOT shower...my bones ake...
Cool Never saw A Rocket Mass Heater before Thanks
See the source image

Latest posts

Back