The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@RosterTheCog That pic is of a 8" RMH in a greenhouse. He has updated it to a batch box RMH. (check it out at Permies) A more convent system for feeding it but it tends to overheat the area you're trying to heat.
The one I'm building is a 6" J tube type. It needs to be fed more often when heating up the mass but It's easer to regulate the heat. When we lived in NM we used a 6" RMH. It did a great job heating up the place. Firewood was very expensive there (logs) So we used free pallets. During one of the coldest winters we only used a 100 pallets. Which come out to be about a cord of wood. The wood stove we used before ate 3+ cords to get through a winter. A big difference in the amount of wood used.

A cool thing about a RMH you can build one on the cheap. Just by scrounging around for the materials. Most can be built for under $200.00. Way cheaper than buying a standard wood stove.

A pic of the dragon we used during the build.

lay out.jpg

fire.jpg

seat.jpg

A pic of this new build

mass pipping.jpg

G'Morning, y'all! Yooper wish you nothing but the best! Roster, all I know about plumbing is the local guys phone # sorry. We be fishing tomorrow. If weather permits we'll go out at least 15 miles... Water is starting to cool down so Red fishing should get busy here pretty soon. :cool: 😁
Thanks , The part I need is a outdoor vent trap that stops sewer gas from coming back into house if it builds in cesspool
I can not find the new of it, It vents out the top but incorperates an S Trap in it to hold water to block gas from escaping.
I believe they are required by law on most underground cesspool septic systems .
It not just called a vent but something else.

@RosterTheCog That pic is of a 8" RMH in a greenhouse. He has updated it to a batch box RMH. (check it out at Permies) A more convent system for feeding it but it tends to overheat the area you're trying to heat.
The one I'm building is a 6" J tube type. It needs to be fed more often when heating up the mass but It's easer to regulate the heat. When we lived in NM we used a 6" RMH. It did a great job heating up the place. Firewood was very expensive there (logs) So we used free pallets. During one of the coldest winters we only used a 100 pallets. Which come out to be about a cord of wood. The wood stove we used before ate 3+ cords to get through a winter. A big difference in the amount of wood used.

A cool thing about a RMH you can build one on the cheap. Just by scrounging around for the materials. Most can be built for under $200.00. Way cheaper than buying a standard wood stove.

A pic of the dragon we used during the build.

View attachment 264807

View attachment 264808

View attachment 264809

A pic of this new build

View attachment 264813
Very Cool Indeed Hey @Cannagrammy check this out

mornin folks, smoke 'em if you got 'em...need to relamp the rooms today, light bulbs deteriorate with time and new bulbs make the girls so perky...kinds like hard nipples on a cold day...

I use an r/o filter and soil less medium and I use 7 1/2 mil/gal up until 30 days from harvest.

Same, actually I use less cal/mag per feed, I use 5 ml per gal, but then during flower I found this cal/mag that I really like that has very little nitrogen, so I switch to that brand after the 3rd week of flower.

@patwi, I am so very sorry to hear such sad news, my condolences.

Apparently I missed a lot around here, lol. I missed birthdays but I'm so high and so old, I've read so much since then I don't remember whose birthdays it was, so happy birthday whomever had birthdays I missed!!!

@yarddog , congrats on the baby! Is this your first?
Very Cool Indeed Hey @Cannagrammy check this out

Thank you, I was just checking that out, I'm gonna show hubby and see what he thinks! @stain , thank you so much for sharing that!

Wow, that was a lot of reading, I gotta work less and read more apparently, lol 😊

So, now that I'm up to ya'll, good morning, my friends!

Yoop, burning a bowl of bubble hash and sending healing vibes and good thoughts. Hope you have a good trip and everything comes back negative.

Good afternoon to the rest of you old farts.

Biggy, how are those plains plants doing, brother?

Pute, come on man! Doesn't the missus want you to wash the windows before winter gets here instead? :) Wishing you and her the best.

Latest posts

Back