The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man I’ve got to buy me some fly tying tools , parts , and supplies...any suggestions?

accidentally deleted the address here so I’ve been mia

say now isn’t Jane a beauty?

AE0C145B-9B31-409B-BBB2-3E43CFE652DE.jpeg
65B5B7ED-FA7A-4E8F-A162-1C3CC88D1B6B.jpeg

Backstory to this photo: The material of that dress was very supple... and that was all she was wearing. This was during the heyday of film censorship, and her bountifuls had very obvious points. They didn't know what to do about it, and Jane said,

"I can fix it."

She went into another room and inserted a paper napkin over each adorable bump. Problem solved.

Attachments

• 1601202075931.png
    1601202075931.png
    337.3 KB · Views: 3
repainted my neighbors 1952 Allis for him. a beautiful machine, and runs very well.View attachment 264883
Your Allis picture brings back old memories. We also had a couple popping Johnnies, but I put the most miles on the Allis plowing and mowing hay. The battery was frequently dead, so I started it with a crank many times.

I am not sure how to work the software on this site. And I am pretty sure I sent something into the Great Bitbucket In The Sky.

Rockymtnbuds -- I sentcha a PM (which really wasn't "P" at all) but I dunno if it got to you. It is a brilliant idea my redheaded witchwife came up with.

Here 'tis:
____________________________________________________________________________________

I explained to her how you were desolated by the robbery. And I told her that my advice to you is to call all the pawn shops in a 30-mile radius and check with them.

She said, "They might be hesitant to give out any information over a phone call. You said that where the guy (that's you) lives, the pawn shops are not necessarily straight-arrow.

"So what he should do is go shopping for rods, reels, and gear in all the pawn shops in the area, without advance warning to the pawn shops. Just walk in, shopping."

Brother, let me tell you about my wife. She has an IQ that is astronomical. When she moves in on something, she solves the something.***

***We have a letter of apology from the IRS. They pissed her off once. Once.

I strongly recommend that you spend some casual search efforts in the nearest 20 pawn shops over the next month..

She also said, "He indicated that pawn shops are not that honest where he is. Well, just about the right time has passed for the pawn shop to display some of the stuff. And even if he has to BUY it back, it will be worth it to him."

Like I said, she is Mensa level smart. Follow her advice.

Your Allis picture brings back old memories. We also had a couple popping Johnnies, but I put the most miles on the Allis plowing and mowing hay. The battery was frequently dead, so I started it with a crank many times.
I have a Johhny Popper Model M with orchard exhaust out the side not up to sky outlet (so it does not hit trees when mowing around them.
Johhny Popper Model M

I remember start with crank at the 6 oclock or it will take your arm off, something like that
Push started with other tractors

Oh, dear. That brings back memories. My Daddy had a Model A Ford. I useta love watching him start the thing. He showed me (but never let me) how to crank it.

In cold weather, the crank handle would kick back more often. Never touched Daddy. Once it fired up, he had to run and jump in the car and do some spark-advance fiddling.

I remember the battery (6V) was under a trap door on the passenger side floor. And when cars no longer had running boards, something great was lost. OH. And the seats were stuffed with Spanish moss.

I am not sure how to work the software on this site. And I am pretty sure I sent something into the Great Bitbucket In The Sky.

Rockymtnbuds -- I sentcha a PM (which really wasn't "P" at all) but I dunno if it got to you. It is a brilliant idea my redheaded witchwife came up with.

Here 'tis:
____________________________________________________________________________________

I explained to her how you were desolated by the robbery. And I told her that my advice to you is to call all the pawn shops in a 30-mile radius and check with them.

She said, "They might be hesitant to give out any information over a phone call. You said that where the guy (that's you) lives, the pawn shops are not necessarily straight-arrow.

"So what he should do is go shopping for rods, reels, and gear in all the pawn shops in the area, without advance warning to the pawn shops. Just walk in, shopping."

Brother, let me tell you about my wife. She has an IQ that is astronomical. When she moves in on something, she solves the something.***

***We have a letter of apology from the IRS. They pissed her off once. Once.

I strongly recommend that you spend some casual search efforts in the nearest 20 pawn shops over the next month..

She also said, "He indicated that pawn shops are not that honest where he is. Well, just about the right time has passed for the pawn shop to display some of the stuff. And even if he has to BUY it back, it will be worth it to him."

Like I said, she is Mensa level smart. Follow her advice.
I agree Great idea, sneaky bastaards

I was thinking Make or have made some simple signs (ie: Yardsale today type) to post saying REWARD for return of fishing gear and poles missing from Area where it happened. Post them around the area and local towns.

Never know ya just may get some bites............................ Paper is cheap just your time is valuable.

Oh, dear. That brings back memories. My Daddy had a Model A Ford. I useta love watching him start the thing. He showed me (but never let me) how to crank it.

In cold weather, the crank handle would kick back more often. Never touched Daddy. Once it fired up, he had to run and jump in the car and do some spark-advance fiddling.

I remember the battery (6V) was under a trap door on the passenger side floor. And when cars no longer had running boards, something great was lost. OH. And the seats were stuffed with Spanish moss.
LOL You sure it was not Horsehair
Might have been
See the source image

Now get your minds out of the gutter @WeedHopper , @putembk ,@Cannagrammy LOL and of course @Unca Walt

Latest posts

Back