The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did Henry Ford use Spanish moss for?
Spanish moss poultices were applied to relieve pains of rheumatism. And automaker Henry Ford must have learned about the properties of Spanish moss on his Richmond Hill, GA plantation. It turns out he used the fluffy strands for cushioning and insulating the seats in the first Model-T Fords.
I stand corrected

morning everybody, dr pepper time.
Morning Gig
See the source image

My buddy as a teen had to have his RC cola like coffee too
Hope all are well, You run C&C machines

I have a Johhny Popper Model M with orchard exhaust out the side not up to sky outlet (so it does not hit trees when mowing around them.
Johhny Popper Model M

We had a Model B and a Model D Johnnie. We started the D on gasoline and then switched it to kerosene/diesel. The stack would turn red hot enough to light cigarettes from and it was burly enough to pull stumps. Hooked to an immovable objection, it would lift the front end and start over backwards unless you quickly disengaged the clutch. Nothing more distinctive than the sound of a load being applied to a two cylinder John Deere that sounds like it is stalling out, but the governors open and they come back to rpm. Whack......Whack........Whack....Whack...Whack...Whack..Whack.Whack.Whack. At the same time the sound of the large flywheel going around is also distinctive. It had no electric start, nor a place for a crank, so we started it by rocking the flywheel.

At 4:00 a neighbors dog started barking nonstop. A few minutes later a moron from down the street was again sitting at the stop sign by us trying to keep his pos motorcycle running. I must hear this 3-4 times a week. I wish he’d fix his dam bike.

Latest posts

Back