The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a 630DE cmh for you if you care to try it brother...brand new but runs hot...
I have a 400w CMH in veg. Love it. Plants like it better than my old MH!!! Does run hot though. Works fine in my basement in Colo.... You guys in Fla are used to higher temps though. I don't like anything 80f or above.

image-13-1024x576.png

Thought it was funny.

What a fargin day I had yestiddy!!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$

And I ain't done yet. $$400 for the faucet. The $800 washing machine got delivered & installed ($20 tip).

The guy turned on the washing machine... and the water stopped. OMIGAWD.

Turns out, this system took a dump:

1601466833906.png

Water suddenly ceased flowing. The response to Herself's panicky phone call to the guy that installed it six years ago was marvelous. One hour later, he arrived. Two hours later, he found the problem.

Oh Gawd. That silvery tall cylinder is the RO membrane thingy. They are expected to last @2 years. I did not know this. It lasted six. But. The solenoid (behind that tubby white tank) was a deader,

And the relay on the pump on the left is shot.

All this happened because it was a sorta cascade.

The replacement part for the RO membrane is $500. They guy Haitian-rigged a temporary fix so we have water... just not enough to take showers, etc. He will be back again today.

I know I am looking at more than $1000. EEK.

Been a tough week -- I am laying out well over $2000 cash in "surprise" expenses. Ah, well... I just laid out $38,000 cash for Herself's new Camry, too.

Gooode mawning brothers and sisters! 57F @83%, cloudy, and predicted to hit 84F, with some wildfire smoke haze in the atmosphere, so should be a purdy red sunrise.

As far as I know, there were no new riots last night. The news was all involved with discussing last nights debate, leaving no room for mundane local matters.

G'Morning, y'all! We were supposed to be fishing today. But a small craft advisory with 4' to 6' waves made us think twice.
EC, please send my congrats to the new brother.
DnF, thinking I'll just buy a 600 HSP in a cool tube. After the split unit is installed I can set the temps to be what ever I want in the garage.😁 And be able to work on my motorcycles in the garage during the summer without sweating like a stuck pig...

Morning.....I learned how to argue last night!!!

Smoke fills the sky today. Eyes and sinuses burn after being outside after awhile!!

@walt, sounds like my house.....always fixing or replacing something. Seems like I spend $1,000 a month on something....

Working in the grow this morning!

Last edited:
good news brother giggy, another one risen...gettin a late start on heading out today, was up early and went back to bed...gonna go out and check the 9 cuts waiting for roots...so far I'm groovin in the garden now that the water issue is behind me...

Wussed out and fired up the boiler this morning. Living room thermostat said it was 66 degrees. Couldn't shake the chill I had in the bedroom. Oiled the motors/pumps, went to light the pilot but it was already lit. Turned the stat in the living room up to 69 and headed back to the bedroom. Five minutes later, I'm feeling the fin tubes to see if'n I got heat. Nothin'. Dawned on me that I didn't turn on the bedroom stat. It said it was only 62, and here I am sitting around in my drawers, cold. Cranked it to 68 and within minutes, the fin tube says I'm good.
Old Hen likes to wait until the very last minute to fire it up. I kinda like to do it a wee bit early just in case it ain't gonna work. Gives me a day or two to figure out what the problem is.

Latest posts

Back