The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That time of year when I try not to run the A/C or the furnace. House is around 60 by morning so I fire up the gas fired fireplace. Will heat the whole front of the house eventually. Temp will get close to 80f today. Love it when I can open up the house and let it breathe. Plus it helps keep the smell down with what is going on in my basement.

https://www.mjp.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83461&pictureid=2078696

What a fargin day I had yestiddy!!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$

And I ain't done yet. $$400 for the faucet. The $800 washing machine got delivered & installed ($20 tip).

The guy turned on the washing machine... and the water stopped. OMIGAWD.

Turns out, this system took a dump:

View attachment 265018

Water suddenly ceased flowing. The response to Herself's panicky phone call to the guy that installed it six years ago was marvelous. One hour later, he arrived. Two hours later, he found the problem.

Oh Gawd. That silvery tall cylinder is the RO membrane thingy. They are expected to last @2 years. I did not know this. It lasted six. But. The solenoid (behind that tubby white tank) was a deader,

And the relay on the pump on the left is shot.

All this happened because it was a sorta cascade.

The replacement part for the RO membrane is $500. They guy Haitian-rigged a temporary fix so we have water... just not enough to take showers, etc. He will be back again today.

I know I am looking at more than $1000. EEK.

Been a tough week -- I am laying out well over $2000 cash in "surprise" expenses. Ah, well... I just laid out $38,000 cash for Herself's new Camry, too.

I wasn't too far off: $1387.94 for the solenoid and stainless steel electrical switch. <-- (*sigh*) What's an extra nearly $400 for peace of mind?

There's a bunch I've learned. As the RO membrane goes and does its thing, it slowly gets clogged. So the water pump has to pump much harder to get less and less water through it.

On the good side: the electricity/load powering the pump will be less. So the pump will last longer. And our water system has been essentially rebuilt. Oughta be some time before the next panic.

Ok, it's official. It's been raining here so much my street has it's own river flow. Life on the Connie River..

Humidity is horrible and difficult to get to the pool for exercise. So, what else do ya do when your locked up

with your pretty wife of 32yrs...
20200928_023829.jpg

Morning Rudy, morning boo
Carty you won't melt get in the pool and keep excersising,, you need to PERSERVERE and Not makes excuses........DNF jumps off his PERSERVERE.box.

Yankees swept Cleveland meet our old friends Tampa Bay next week, they beat us 9 out of 10 this year......

Coffee ready doobie rolled

RU NEAR The Glass
No I’m in Colorado Springs. We have several fires burning north of here plus a fire in Wyoming and the west coast smoke is being carried over us as well. I’ve had the place closed up for days but my eyes are burning and throat is sore. It’s even worse at higher elevations so no fishing this week. I have COPD and emphysema so this is a double whammy.

Latest posts

Back