The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hola Pincheys
more clean up around here
garden is done

02D1A582-D411-499B-BE80-A7E5A41AECD6.jpeg
520E371E-19AB-49D1-A5C0-AA98202F696B.jpeg

hey Hippie , does that include root beer?

i am allergic to alcohol

everytime I get around it I break out in handcuffs
Not me.....I have drunk more beer, banged more quiff and grown more pot that my whole neighborhood put together......

After my post above, Herself and Your Humble Obdn't &c drove south sixty miles to visit the optometrist. 6-monthly checkup. Hold onto your hats, folks, but I tested 20-20 in both eyes!!!! :cool: :)🙃👀

And since my DIL has been the main nurse there for 34 (YIKES!) years, it is free for us. Herself's peepers are in good shape, too, at 20-30 20-40.

We planned to vote tomorrow at 7:00AM, but since we were back in our end of the woods by 2:30, I drove on down to the school where the voting was taking place. I figured since it was raining like Victoria Falls (she does?), and it was the middle of an afternoon on a schoolday... there wouldn't be much difficulty.

HAH!

The line OUTSIDE was 200 people long... (in the driving rain) and not moving at all that I could see. So I gave up my spot in line and hustled my Scottish darling back to the car. Never saw such a turnout, and I have been voting since Nixon.

So... I will be there with Her in the fargin dark tomorrow as planned.

An aside: Just from our house to the school (3 mi.) we passed over a thousand political name signs. Some were billboard size. When we pulled into the schoolyard, among the gazillion different hopefuls' signs... We found 1 (one) Buy-den sign.

It is all very encouraging.

Goooode morning VietPortland! No riots, shooting, or stabbing reported last night.

Today is ostensibly the drop dead date for opposing litigant to respond in my four old legal battle, so vee vil zee....................

Miss Layla is on anti-diarrheal for her squirts and the election grows nigh, so that light at the end of the tunnel could be daylight vis a vis the mars light on the front of a locomotive.

You have to use your street smart on that one Walt. You weren't a teenager in the 60's so I understand!!! You were married with kids!
I wuz a GI, and my CIC was Ike. I voted for Kennedy. But din' have kids for the first 4 years. NFW on a GI's "salary". 😉 :cool:

But here is an up-to-date observation:

Herself and Your Humble Obdn't &tc got up at O-dark thirty and drove to the voting schoolyard again this morning.

We were there at 6:30, and voting would begin at 7:00. We got on the end of a line of 200+ people, waiting for the doors to open. By the time the doors did open, the line was another 200+ people behind us.

With my Beautiful Witch holding our places, I went up and down and did some canvassing. I did not find ANYBODY that was going to vote for political name.

OK -- that is a grossly UNscientific survey, but it sure as hell has to mean something. The rural area I live in is buried in political name signs... and the two hundred-yard line of folks waiting to vote were in a festive mood.

Didn't see even one cross-dressing BLM type. Did see many GI's and ex-GI's (tattoos, uniforms, Vietnam hats, etc.) all up and down the line.

Latest posts

Back