The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100caba20fae06841e5b0ff0782367fe.jpg

Thought puffer fish were poison?

There IS a kind that is a delicacy in Japan. It is called fugu. The chef must have a license to prepare it. But the kind you get on this side of the world are delicious and NON-poisonous.

You've just GOTTA see this video. He is using a method my family has used to my personal knowledge from the 1940's.

I watched my Daddy clean 90 of them for a neighborhood get-together in less than fifteen minutes. Cleanup from fifty pounds of fish took one minute. No mess at all, unlike every other fish.

They are the easiest fish on the planet to clean. Very similar to taking the tail meat of a lobster. The meat comes out in one piece, leaving the guts inside the non-slimy skin. TINS.

And they are about the very best fish to grill. And no little bitty rib bones. Just a kind of mini-whale backbone. You eat them like an ear of corn, sorta. You leave the tail on as a holder, and gnosh. Snow white meat.

Last edited:
There IS a kind that is a delicacy in Japan. It is called fugu. The chef must have a license to prepare it. But the kind you get on this side of the world are delicious and NON-poisonous.

You've just GOTTA see this video. He is using a method my family has used to my personal knowledge from the 1940's.

I watched my Daddy clean 90 of them for a neighborhood get-together in less than fifteen minutes. Cleanup from fifty pounds of fish took one minute. No mess at all, unlike every other fish.

They are the easiest fish on the planet to clean. Very similar to taking the tail meat of a lobster. The meat comes out in one piece, leaving the guts inside the non-slimy skin. TINS.

And they are about the very best fish to grill. And no little bitty rib bones. Just a kind of mini-whale backbone. You eat them like an ear of corn, sorta. You leave the tail on as a holder, and gnosh. Snow white meat.

Where are my Piliers YUM YUM YUMMY YUM
I use to use the pliers to pull skin off the meat A lil different then shown, fork method my be better,
My Dad and I would catch bushels of these on paper on flouder jigs 4 at a time
We had so many we fed the neighbors all the time. Then they just went Poof and disappeared.

Latest posts

Back