The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make Love Not War, But dang it be prepared for both,
The new thing this time is paper towels,
I have toilet paper out the yingyang
Worst case . we go back to the old days and use a communal wipe rag, washing after each use and rehung near bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neighbors two doors down went with a metal roof and new gutters. First ice buildup and a sunny morning took the gutters down. Had the gutters redone and added ice dams on the roof. Done right the second time.
Got plans to do a metal roof too. They come with a 50 year guarantee. I only need 'em to work for the next few years and then the Old Hen and Pullet can worry about it. Want to get a Generac installed. Trying to cover all future bases when I'm not part of the future.

morning everybody. rain gutters are way over rated, don't need no stink'n gutters.

Two things are necessary for a lasting house:

1. Decent overhang
2. Gutters

These two things prevent wall rot. Especially in climes where there is snow and ice -- with melt, there is upward seepage.

Regarding taking care of my ontogeny, I've already told my sons the Chateau is paid for and will be theirs. If I can get them and their larvae out of the mortgage jail, I will.

Last edited:
Two things are necessary for a lasting house:

1. Decent overhang
2. Gutters

These two things prevent wall rot. Especially in climes where there is snow and ice -- with melt, there is upward seepage.

Regarding taking care of my ontogeny, I've already told my sons the Chateau is paid for and will be theirs. If I can get them and their larvae out of the mortgage jail, I will.
i live in the deep south, it we get enough ice to close this place down then H E L L will be freezing over.

Hola pincheys

I am having way to much fun

clowns to the left
jokers to the right

30E672C1-56BB-48D5-B710-79BEE75ED425.jpeg

Mornin' ya'll, got our first chilly weather for the year, was 45F this morning. Had a wasted day yesterday, storm passed through, and we couldn't reach the docs office by phone. Finally called a branch in another state, they called someone, said they would start seeing patients by 9am. We make the 1 hour drive up, powers off, nobody there...gggrrr... called someone, said they were sorry, have to reschedule for next week.

Taking it easy today, got some stuff around the house I can do...ya'll have a good day.

Most of our house has a 60 degree pitched roof, so most of the gutters are accessible with a step stool, but there is one second story gable and where two peaks come together over the kitchen, that are a chore. So is cleaning the valleys, where I had to install stainless steel, because the tannic acid from the Douglas Firs ate through the galvanized steel in less than fifteen years on a 30 year heavy shake roof.

Cleaning the one over the kitchen requires extending the 26' ladder at a flat angle to reach it without walking on the sometimes wet or mossy shingles, and the first time it scooted out from under me and dropped me about 10 feet. Now I tie it off to a window well grate before climbing on it.

Latest posts

Back