The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mornin brother rudie and the rest of you scallywags, awesome weather here today...looks like a perfect day to play with the impala...installing the gauges under the dash, idiot lights are for idiots... 😉
62 impala.jpg

My Boy, my love, my best friend.. the bond between a man and his dog is the thread of life.. Ozzie got sick last week.. I took him to the emergency clinic thirty miles from home on advice from my vet yesterday afternoon... He never made it home.. we had to put him down at midnight last night.. he was only 8 years old. best dog I have ever had in 62 years.. Love you buddy... R.I.P. my pretty Boy.
2013-07-31 07.04.34.jpg

Attachments

• 2013-07-31 07.04.34.jpg
    2013-07-31 07.04.34.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 0
had to tell someone
@ Buddy, my dog is my best friend. They have always been. They love you no matter what you do. Always glad to see you and hate it when you leave. This is the last dog I will ever own. I can't put another one down. They were all treated like a spoiled child in my house. Condolences to you my friend, I know what you are going through. Tomorrow will be a better day and I know and can tell you gave him a wonderful and loving home.

hss days-167.jpg

This picture was taken when she was about 2 ..... she is 10 now and has lost a step. She sleeps glued to me every night and wakes me up every morning at 6:30. I can't even think about her growing older.

So, I started in the grow first thing and just now finished. Major work day down there. Flushed 2 plants, up-potted 9 into bigger pots fed and gave beneficial tea to all of them......exc ..... just finished and no time to enjoy the rest of the day. Maybe some football.

TiredEmptyFlicker-size_restricted.gif

Some people will do anything to avoid a ticket.

@BuddyLuv My heart goes out to you my man. Yesterday was 6 years to the day that I had to put down my 8 year old chihuahua Paris. She was my best friend, the only thing to great me as I walked in the door. always happy, always excited, she never knew the shit show that life can be. She showed me the way, she was and still is my inspiration. I imagine you might of had some similar qualities in the relationship with Ozzie.

The days and nights are different for awhile, the daily routine different. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you had a wonderful friend to share all of those years with. I rest assured knowing that I made everyday for my Paris a wonderful day, full of love. We gave each other our best.

My Boy, my love, my best friend.. the bond between a man and his dog is the thread of life.. Ozzie got sick last week.. I took him to the emergency clinic thirty miles from home on advice from my vet yesterday afternoon... He never made it home.. we had to put him down at midnight last night.. he was only 8 years old. best dog I have ever had in 62 years.. Love you buddy... R.I.P. my pretty Boy.

Commiseration and sorry for both you and your pup at losing each others daily sharing of love and admiration. Not hard to see the pups adore us as much as we love them, and are little joy amplifiers, beaming joy at just being with us, even if it is in a cardboard box.

8 years is an especial heartbreak, because Ozzie left you in his prime, cheating the two of you out of his golden years getting prepared.

Only two of our 8 German Shepherds have lived to 12 and 13, with the last three before Layla, dying at 8 years from cancer, and one at 6 with renal failure. I wish I could say it has gotten easier with repetition, but alas it has not.

They all loved us with their hearts and souls, as we did them and I wish I knew another way to share that much adoration and gusto of life without also having to endure the loss.

In addition, they have been my exercise machine that never gathers dust, adding a couple miles a day walking to mine and Grayfox's exercise programs. Keeping our blood pressures low both from their presence, but by getting us off our butts and moving.

Watch what dog foods you use. Dog food is one of the biggest killer of your dogs. Thats a fact. Not to mention the pesticides you use to kill fleas.
Cancer is on the uptick with dogs and cats,,, why? Diet and Pesticides that you feed them or put on their skin.
My dog is so much healthier now then my last dog. We dont ever use pesticides for fleas nor do i feed him that cheap ass shitty dog food to my dog.
Fromms is one of the best for the price and its made with great products and care.

Latest posts

Back