The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure If I am doing a winter grow, darn leg is useless, been almost a month
I am like Weedhopper I don't do Doctors unless dying.
I am walking a bit with cane and without after the knee gets warmed up.
We shall see tendons take 3 months to heal as long as I did not tear it away, and is only a small tear.
I think if tendon was ripped I be in more pain just sitting, only hurts when leg is straight out lying in bed.
This makes me think it is more a bad tendon and it just needs time.
I need to drop a few more pounds that always helps.

Not sure If I am doing a winter grow, darn leg is useless, been almost a month
I am like Weedhopper I don't do Doctors unless dying.
I am walking a bit with cane and without after the knee gets warmed up.
We shall see tendons take 3 months to heal as long as I did not tear it away, and is only a small tear.
I think if tendon was ripped I be in more pain just sitting, only hurts when leg is straight out lying in bed.
This makes me think it is more a bad tendon and it just needs time.
I need to drop a few more pounds that always helps.
Ros -- I've had FIVE major knee surgeries. I strongly recommend you get a Donjoy knee brace. Not expensive, and you will heal a very great deal faster by wearing one as you hobble about. I went from unable to walk to being able to scuba dive because of a Donjoy brace.

Here is an inexpensive one -- $77

"The DonJoy Deluxe Hinged Knee brace is equipped with bilateral hinges to provide a moderate level of support. This brace is ideal for athletes or active individuals who are suffering from ligament instabilities, meniscus injuries, sprains, or arthritis."

1606671376130.png

This is Your Humble Obdn't &tc wearing mine. You do not have to sleep in it, just wear it while doing any activity. And yes, you can wear it in salt water.

1606670887703.png

PS: Note the perfect brain-shot on that hog. Best eatin' fish on the planet.

Last edited:
Thank You Walt, I have one very similar. I hate wearing the one I have the Velcro straps go around above and below my knee. but somehow it still is falling down
I will look into you brand
Waytago.

The one you see me wearing was quite comfortable. Donjoy is the best of them all. Look at this one -- It was the best:

Afternoon, Old Farts. Got the attached garage cleaned out, waiting on a new toy coming out of NY. Got the plow vehicle ready for tomorrow's big snow storm. I stuck it in the smallest garage out back, and looked at hoses to rout the exhaust out when I fired it up remotely to warm. Blasted hoses are going for $200! Found a 3" X 8' metallic dryer hose at the local big box store for $10. Yep, I'm cheap. Sent the Pullet out to check if I could start it from my perch in bed. Fired right up, and its signal had to go over 200' and through many walls. I'm good to go for the white stuff. :)

Afternoon, Old Farts. Got the attached garage cleaned out, waiting on a new toy coming out of NY. Got the plow vehicle ready for tomorrow's big snow storm. I stuck it in the smallest garage out back, and looked at hoses to rout the exhaust out when I fired it up remotely to warm. Blasted hoses are going for $200! Found a 3" X 8' metallic dryer hose at the local big box store for $10. Yep, I'm cheap. Sent the Pullet out to check if I could start it from my perch in bed. Fired right up, and its signal had to go over 200' and through many walls. I'm good to go for the white stuff. :)
Gawd. That sounds like pure he*ll.

Since I have a Black Belt in Cold Afraider-Of, it was necessary to get out of the part of the country where the only thing between you and the North Pole is a barbed-wire fence... and that's blown down.

I was born (on probation) in CT. At the corner of Telephone and Telephone. My parents were vacationing in New Vada at the time -- I was a very independent kid.

Pute, my situation might be a little different to yours. My road is a third of a mile long and a dead end. Sometimes it takes the county three or four days to plow us out. With a huge cornfield on the north side of the road, it's nothing to get two to three foot drifts that block all travel. I ain't the oldest codger in the 'hood. If someone gacked out with a stroke, heart attack, or even cut a artery, they'd die before help could get here. It's up to me to keep things moving. I don't mind. Kinda my civic duty. o_O

Never
Ros -- I've had FIVE major knee surgeries. I strongly recommend you get a Donjoy knee brace. Not expensive, and you will heal a very great deal faster by wearing one as you hobble about. I went from unable to walk to being able to scuba dive because of a Donjoy brace.

Here is an inexpensive one -- $77

"The DonJoy Deluxe Hinged Knee brace is equipped with bilateral hinges to provide a moderate level of support. This brace is ideal for athletes or active individuals who are suffering from ligament instabilities, meniscus injuries, sprains, or arthritis."

View attachment 266750
This is Your Humble Obdn't &tc wearing mine. You do not have to sleep in it, just wear it while doing any activity. And yes, you can wear it in salt water.

View attachment 266749
PS: Note the perfect brain-shot on that hog. Best eatin' fish on the planet.
Never saw a fish like that , would look cool in large fish tank

Never

Never saw a fish like that , would look cool in large fish tank
That is a Hogfish. It has a sorta extendable jaw like the Alien.

Not catchable by a fishing rod, cause they eat spiny sea urchins (that's why the jaw). Warm water fish. They turn color in vertical stripes, either to camouflage into a reef, or almost white over white sand. But they are normally bright red.
1606741842093.png
1606742045610.png

The best possible size is the one I'm holding in the picture. That ain't the biggest by a long chalk. The signal to your dive buddy that you see a Hog is to put 3 fingers up over your head like a mohawk. That long top fin in the pic is really three separate fins. Very characteristic of Hog fins.

The meat is pure white. Whiter than flounder. Not the slightest oily taste.

That is a Hogfish. It has a sorta extendable jaw like the Alien.

Not catchable by a fishing rod, cause they eat spiny sea urchins (that's why the jaw). Warm water fish. They turn color in vertical stripes, either to camouflage into a reef, or almost white over white sand. But they are normally bright red.
View attachment 266758View attachment 266759
The best possible size is the one I'm holding in the picture. That ain't the biggest by a long chalk. The signal to your dive buddy that you see a Hog is to put 3 fingers up over your head like a mohawk. That long top fin in the pic is really three separate fins. Very characteristic of Hog fins.

The meat is pure white. Whiter than flounder. Not the slightest oily taste.

Interesting_

Like many wrasses, the hogfish is a sequential hermaphrodite, meaning it changes sex during different life stages; it is a protogynous, "first female" hermaphrodite; juvenile hogfish start out as female and then mature to become male. The change usually occurs around three years of age and about 14 inches in length.[3] Females and juveniles usually start out as pale gray, brown, or reddish brown in color, with a paler underside and no distinct patterns. Males are distinguished by a deep, dark band spanning from the snout to the first dorsal spine, and by a lateral black spot behind the pectoral fins. Hogfish reach a maximum of 91 cm (36 in) in total length and about 11 kg (24 lb) and have been recorded to live up to 11 years.[4] Spawning in South Florida occurs from November through June.[5] Hogfish social groups are organized into harems where one male will mate and protect a group of females in his territory.

LOL I see you with the fingers now LOL
1606743373256.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning, y'all. We got both greenhouses up and today I start filling them. I also need to go get 15 to 20 bags of potting soil to hold the bottom flaps down of the bigger of the two. My hands are all ready feeling this cold weather that's blowing in and it's only gonna get worse as it get colder. But the good part is it's only gonna last a couple of days, this time.
All fish where released back dehooked & unharmed. That's about the biggest shark we have gotten the hook back from. He cooperated & the circle hook (6/0) was almost straightened. Yes it was a great fight!
Wife is up so it's time to get busy...

Morning.....another moanday ...... Busy day in the grow! Tea, nutes and potting more rooted clones are on the table today. Dog and Mrs Pute are expecting a walk as well. That will pretty much put a rap on this day.

Drift, I envy you being able to being able to fish this time of year. Can't remember the last time I was out.

Hippie, send that storm this way, we need the moisture. Dry as a bone here.

I need to go out for supplies tomorrow. Hope I can get everything ..... City is shut down with this covid crap!
I have been trying to buy online but some things are best bought in person. Not looking forward to it.

Ok, time to do something but my a s s is glued to my chair!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back