The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There he goes agin... speaking in tongues... 🤷‍♂️

uhhhh , is it ok to believe that this phenomena is real or would most people think that it’s weird?

Speaking in tongues, also known as glossolalia, is a practice in which people utter words or speech-like sounds that some believe to be languages unknown to the speaker. One definition used by linguists is the fluid vocalizing of speech-like syllables that lack any readily comprehended meaning, in some cases as part of religious practice in which some believe it to be a divine languageunknown to the speaker.[2] Glossolalia is practiced in Pentecostal and charismatic Christianity.[3][4] as well as in other religions[citation needed].

Sometimes a distinction is made between "glossolalia" and "xenolalia" or "xenoglossy", which specifically relates to claims that the language being spoken is a natural language previously unknown to the speaker.[5]

I have seen the light Lord Jesus
giphy.gif

When I was a young'un, I had a friend named Freddie. If he spent Saturday night at my house, he got to sleep in Sunday. If I spent Saturday at his place, I got woke up early to go to the Assembly of God church with his family. Figured out the first time I went why they call 'em Holy Rollers. This one dude jumps up, twitches like he's having a grand mal seizure, flops on the floor, and starts spitting out gibberish. I jump up and ran out the door to the hallway to get to the pay phone (cell phones were a dream back then). Freddie is on my heals like a junk yard dog.
"Where ya goin'?
"To call the ambulance! The dude's having a seizure!"
"No, he's speaking in tongues 'cause the Lord touched him."
"Well, I hope the bastard don't touch me!"
Craziest shit I ever did see.

When I was a young'un, I had a friend named Freddie. If he spent Saturday night at my house, he got to sleep in Sunday. If I spent Saturday at his place, I got woke up early to go to the Assembly of God church with his family. Figured out the first time I went why they call 'em Holy Rollers. This one dude jumps up, twitches like he's having a grand mal seizure, flops on the floor, and starts spitting out gibberish. I jump up and ran out the door to the hallway to get to the pay phone (cell phones were a dream back then). Freddie is on my heals like a junk yard dog.
"Where ya goin'?
My partner and I did a large siding (vinyl siding) job on a new (born again) church and while hanging it we would watch them as we trimmed around the windows with aluminum (took a few minutes @ window).
Man they could dance , scary shit.
They tried to save us so many times, I think they wanted a break on our fees. LOL.

hello folks, took sick saturday morning, kinda a ibs type thing. as long as it stays low i can handle it, but when it hits the stomach it knocks me down. it hit me the last two years in january last jan. i got 3 days in the hospital with a meat wagon ride after i passed out at the doctors office. after it hits anything that hits my stomach it doubles me over but i kept forcing water down. i'm better but still not where i need to be yet.

hello folks, took sick saturday morning, kinda a ibs type thing. as long as it stays low i can handle it, but when it hits the stomach it knocks me down. it hit me the last two years in january last jan. i got 3 days in the hospital with a meat wagon ride after i passed out at the doctors office. after it hits anything that hits my stomach it doubles me over but i kept forcing water down. i'm better but still not where i need to be yet.
I get IBS I feel for you Bro
The cramps keel you over? Mine are so bad I can not stand and try to crawl to the shitter, once I explode I feel much better.
Get well soon Giggy

getwell1.gif

Afternoon. Sorry giggy get well. I don't speak in tongues. My damm tablet has an auto correct feature on it and doesn't speak the same language as I do. If I get in a hurry and don't proof read Walt will always be there to help out.

Wish I could figure out how to disable it but can't find the place to pull the plug.

I am walking a bit with cane and without after the knee gets warmed up. We shall see tendons take 3 months to heal as long as I did not tear it away, and is only a small tear. I think if tendon was ripped I be in more pain just sitting, only hurts when leg is straight out lying in bed. This makes me think it is more a bad tendon and it just needs time. I need to drop a few more pounds that always helps.

Commiseration on the healing process! Knees are near the top of the pain scale.

The one thing that I learned riding both of my knees to the ground and eventually replacing them, is how important it is to walk naturally. I had a bad HS football knee on the left., which caused me to rely disproportionately on my right knee, which wore out prematurely. I replaced the left one and then had to replace the right one when I started having problems with my left hip because I was walking funny. The hip pains went away once I replaced the right knee and stopped walking funny.

I had to quit using a cane and force myself to walk naturally until I could naturally, because the cane was causing problems with my right shoulder, as I was using it more like a crutch than a stabilizer at times.

Last edited:
"Where ya goin'?

Not to forget the bell curve...... We were all born with equal rights, but not equally gifted. Half the people are not only below average intelligence, but scattered up to 3.89 standard deviations below average.

Not picking on any religion specifically, but to put the obvious into perspective, all the religious sects believe they have the answer and the rest are wrong.

As only one can be right, ASSuming one is, you have to admire the enthusiasm some of the rest put into being wrong with every thread of their being.

Im watching you freaking outlaws. Better be good or you will all get spankings. Hippie will be dealing them out. I would suggest you dont bend over and you best be keeping your eyes on him at all times.
If you look up the word Cornholeo his picture is right beside the word😁

Latest posts

Back