The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1629218118400.png
1629218145774.png
1629218158082.png
1629218220870.png
1629218256322.png

Morning OFC. Late check in for me. Took my normal walks, Dog and Mrs Pute. Back now and need to get down stairs.

My fricken cell phone went dead overnight. Gotta run to the phone store and look into my options.....no matter what this is gonna cost me.

Quick breakfast and downstairs.

50 years ago on August 15th 1971 Nixon called bankruptcy on America due to Vietnam and took America off of the World gold standard ..

In 1970 I was making a $1. 42 an hour, and with that $1.42 I could see a picture show, buy pop corn, buy a candy bar and a soda pop and still have a nickle or two left ..

My fricken cell phone went dead overnight. Gotta run to the phone store and look into my options.....no matter what this is gonna cost me.

Mine wasn't made to change the battery, but the Battery store heated it up with a heat gun and used special suction cup pliers to remove the back and was able to replace the battery.

In 1970 I had hit the big time. Working at Schofield Bros. Pontiac in Wichita as a quick service mechanic. $3.50/hr flat rate. I was always broke.... and stoned. Maybe that is why I was always broke.
In 1970 I had just been laid off from aerospace due to the cancelation of the SST program and had a fill in job managing a warehouse for Montgomery Wards for $10K a year, or $4.80/hr.

Mine wasn't made to change the battery, but the Battery store heated it up with a heat gun and used special suction cup pliers to remove the back and was able to replace the battery.

In 1970 I had just been laid off from aerospace due to the cancelation of the SST program and had a fill in job managing a warehouse for Montgomery Wards for $10K a year, or $4.80/hr.
I Loved shopping mail order from Monty's
I was like one of the 1st amazon shoppers back then.
I even bought a car on Auto by Tell (service to sell online then)
2000 vehicle bought sight unseen ordered direct from factory.
SS cars are not easy to come by.

Welcome, Mutt. I've got tattoos 30 years older than you!
My ONLY tattoo may set a record here.

Barbara Gibney just randomly turned around in the desk in front of me in Mrs. Hennessey's 2nd Grade, and stabbed the back of my right hand with her pencil.

I never knew why she did that... I had done nothing at all to provoke it. She got a teacher finger-shaking, but that was all.

This was in early 1946. My tattoo, therefore, has been with me for 75 years. Anybody able to beat that?

Latest posts

Back