The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to restore back to a earlier date and it didnt work .
Im still bald ....
Look up "Computer Repair". There will be someone fairly near. Most will come to you rather than you coming in to them. <-- This, BTW, is a double-win:

The Geek does not have to pay rent for a store -- and pass that rent on to the customer-- as well as making a dime for himself.

His costs are lower, so you get good service cheaper.

I am looking down the road and I can almost see the end but not quite
by the way , this is the busy hiway in front of our place
Y'all can tell us:

Them signs -- are they "Buffalo Crossing" or "Dome Ends Here" warning signs?

1656149391946.png

Scrolling down... I think I see the line where the Dome ends, with the vertical wall painted up from the join. Notice the higher up the wall you look, the blurrier it gets. Somebody was careless.

Now what do we do about Big? We can either bring him in from the cold, or have a buffalo eat him. [/sekrit typer OFF]

Last edited:
Can you check out how to get to where you can reset the computer to a date where everything is working? I've had to do that once or twice in the back. It was something like hitting F8 or F12 during start up that brings it up to safe mode and then you can choose to go back in time for the settings and everything reappears. Do some google search or you tubes, and you may be able to recover what you lost.
Angie is talking about System Restore. You can restore your computer to an earlier date. Which restores it back to where it was before it started messing up. You can find that by going to your control panel.

Y'all can tell us:

Them signs -- are they "Buffalo Crossing" or "Dome Ends Here" warning signs?

View attachment 301239

Scrolling down... I think I see the line where the Dome ends, with the vertical wall painted up from the join. Notice the higher up the wall you look, the blurrier it gets. Somebody was careless.

Now what do we do about Big? We can either bring him in from the cold, or have a buffalo eat him. [/sekrit typer OFF]

one of those signs say Cope , 40 miles

im thinking of putting up a few more signs , one for Hope , and another for Dope

4128C9F5-F694-47D3-A7DC-CA529090B551.jpeg
395DC0D2-0964-4DC7-B470-242442C60F6D.jpeg

O:K I'll go check it out. If I mess up I'll see you next week sometime.
Angie is talking about System Restore. You can restore your computer to an earlier date. Which restores it back to where it was before it started messing up. You can find that by going to your control panel.

I screwed up I do not have a reset or recovery date I've delete it somehow

Thank you MJ Passion and Hopper. It looks like I have to bring it in. Before I mess it up more.

O:K I'll go check it out. If I mess up I'll see you next week sometime.

I screwed up I do not have a reset or recovery date I've delete it somehow

Thank you MJ Passion and Hopper. It looks like I have to bring it in. Before I mess it up more.
You can do a refresh. You will lose some Apps but won't lose files,folders or pictures. It just refreshes your computer.
I just had to do that to my Wife's computer because she got a fking Trojan and I it wouldn't boot up.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-your-pc-51391d9a-eb0a-84a7-69e4-c2c1fbceb8dd
Something to remember from now on. When your computer is running good,,set a restore point and do that every month.That way next time you have several restore points you can use. Make sure system restore is set to protection and it will also set restore points.

Last edited:
You can do a refresh. You will lose some Apps but won't lose files,folders or pictures. It just refreshes your computer.
I just had to do that to my Wife's computer because she got a fking Trojan and I it wouldn't boot up.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-your-pc-51391d9a-eb0a-84a7-69e4-c2c1fbceb8dd

Hopper my refresh, recovery, will not work. The dates are no showing up wear they support to be. It's like the date never existed at all. I usely can restory my sytem. But this time I really f it up. I better learn from this.

Hopper my refresh, recovery, will not work. The dates are no showing up wear they support to be. It's like the date never existed at all. I usely can restory my sytem. But this time I really f it up. I better learn from this.
Good morning Ness. Sorry about your puter problems… I lost all my stuff once, it was a sad day… Hope you figure it all out. I no longer have a computer. I do everything on my iPad and iPhone now. The iPad is easier as I can see a little better. Have a good rest of your day 🥰

Went to the Dr's Thur. Had my right breast examined because I felt a lump and it is tender. I am getting a breast x-ray. Can't think of the word it called it like it just left my mind. And after that I go to a surgeon. I don't think it is serious they called it a knot. I had one on my left breast years ago. It check out O:K. Just wait on phone call to set up appointments.

Morning OFC. Happy Shatterday!

Cool, overcast and threatening rain. Gonna be A inside kind of day. Might get a short walk in in between rain drops.

Damn Ness, computer issues and a knot on your breast. So sorry. Mrs Pute had breast cancer a few years back . She caught it early, stage one so only surgery and radiation....no chemo. Hope everything turns out for the best.

Speaking of computers, I depend on so many electronic devices I am always chasing a bug somewhere. If it isn't the phone, desk top or tablet it is my security system, televisions or pared devices. Then when you call support nobody speaks English.

Just started raining and the first golfers just showed up.....hope they are having fun.

IMG_20220625_072617849.jpg

Most computers nowadays also come with the ability to reinstall Windows over top of your current operating system. When doing that it should also give you the ability to reinstall Windows without deleting your old files. I've done this before, it's a pain in the ass but sometimes it's necessary.

Good morning Ness. Sorry about your puter problems… I lost all my stuff once, it was a sad day… Hope you figure it all out. I no longer have a computer. I do everything on my iPad and iPhone now. The iPad is easier as I can see a little better. Have a good rest of your day 🥰

Thanks SubG I'm having a good day so far. You to.🥰 I have a dish Huge Net. I don't think I can hook up to an iPhone or iPad I do enjoy my desktop.
Morning OFC. Happy Shatterday!

Cool, overcast and threatening rain. Gonna be A inside kind of day. Might get a short walk in in between rain drops.

Damn Ness, computer issues and a knot on your breast. So sorry. Mrs Pute had breast cancer a few years back . She caught it early, stage one so only surgery and radiation....no chemo. Hope everything turns out for the best.

Speaking of computers, I depend on so many electronic devices I am always chasing a bug somewhere. If it isn't the phone, desk top or tablet it is my security system, televisions or pared devices. Then when you call support nobody speaks English.

Just started raining and the first golfers just showed up.....hope they are having fun.

View attachment 301254

I'm not to worried. Cancer doesn't run in the family, but I do smoke.

morning everybody. i saw dutch in training so no i'll not mess with boo, that is one fine looking dog.
morning brother giggy...alas, both dutch and his daddy are getting up there in years...nowadays dutch lives a soft and comfortable life, I coddle him and love on him all the time...he's aged a year in the last 6 months...a warrior in his dotage...GSD's don't do well after 10 years, 11 is a sad time for them and those who love them...he's still got balls to the walls warrior in him, it's just a shorter version of chaos than when he was 2...same here, I'm good for a short burst of chaos but not like years gone bye...nobody expects an old man to do what I do...here's a recent pic of my stud...
IMG_0671.JPG

Went to the Dr's Thur. Had my right breast examined because I felt a lump and it is tender. I am getting a breast x-ray. Can't think of the word it called it like it just left my mind. And after that I go to a surgeon. I don't think it is serious they called it a knot. I had one on my left breast years ago. It check out O:K. Just wait on phone call to set up appointments.

Sending good thoughts sister! Grayfox had a benign cyst taken off one of hers, which is more likely to be than a tumor.

morning brother giggy...alas, both dutch and his daddy are getting up there in years...nowadays dutch lives a soft and comfortable life, I coddle him and love on him all the time...he's aged a year in the last 6 months...a warrior in his dotage...GSD's don't do well after 10 years, 11 is a sad time for them and those who love them...he's still got balls to the walls warrior in him, it's just a shorter version of chaos than when he was 2...same here, I'm good for a short burst of chaos but not like years gone bye...nobody expects an old man to do what I do...here's a recent pic of my stud...View attachment 301257
Not just another pretty face!

I tried to restore back to a earlier date and it didnt work .
Im still bald ....
Ya didn't go back far enough. Go back 'til ya get pimples and the hair should be there.
I am looking down the road and I can almost see the end but not quite

by the way , this is the busy hiway in front of our place

View attachment 301216
Too flat and not enough trees for me, but the solitude is breathtaking.
I would gladly except your help but I know it hard to explain in words. I'll be all right I have a repair man at Anderson's it's like Radio Shack. I'm just thinking of the cost. I need him to fine my recovery source. And my ions on desktop and starter menu.

Have a wonderful day.😻🐶🌱🌱🌱🌱 Potted 3 Bruce Banner Auto Fem yesterday. :cool:
Is your computer a laptop or a tower?

Wish good news Ness for you as well as everyone here...

morning brother giggy...alas, both dutch and his daddy are getting up there in years...nowadays dutch lives a soft and comfortable life, I coddle him and love on him all the time...he's aged a year in the last 6 months...a warrior in his dotage...GSD's don't do well after 10 years, 11 is a sad time for them and those who love them...he's still got balls to the walls warrior in him, it's just a shorter version of chaos than when he was 2...same here, I'm good for a short burst of chaos but not like years gone bye...nobody expects an old man to do what I do...here's a recent pic of my stud...View attachment 301257
Handsome AF he is !

Latest posts

Back