The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been feeding a baby bird for the last ten days. The Pullet's boyfriend found a nest of three of 'em in a crane at work. He took them home, but lost two of the three. He kept the third alive but with round the clock feedings, he was going to have to take it to work with him and was afraid the air in a graphite plant might hurt the little bugger. Enter the soft hearted, retired old hippie.
Bought a big bag of dried meal worms. I put a few in a small ziplock and add a little water. Scoop 'em up on a spoon and play mama.
The little bugger is thriving. He/she's learning to fly pretty good, too. Wish I knew what the heck it was. It's all dark gray with a mottling of brown going through its wings. Black legs, feet, and beak.
Went through every bird book I've got. Can't find 'em. Saw one outside my bathroom window, eating the ripe berries off of a tree. Don't know what kind of tree it is, either.

I've been feeding a baby bird for the last ten days. The Pullet's boyfriend found a nest of three of 'em in a crane at work. He took them home, but lost two of the three. He kept the third alive but with round the clock feedings, he was going to have to take it to work with him and was afraid the air in a graphite plant might hurt the little bugger. Enter the soft hearted, retired old hippie.
Bought a big bag of dried meal worms. I put a few in a small ziplock and add a little water. Scoop 'em up on a spoon and play mama.
The little bugger is thriving. He/she's learning to fly pretty good, too. Wish I knew what the heck it was. It's all dark gray with a mottling of brown going through its wings. Black legs, feet, and beak.
Went through every bird book I've got. Can't find 'em. Saw one outside my bathroom window, eating the ripe berries off of a tree. Don't know what kind of tree it is, either.

That's cool Hippie. Raising the baby young is a gift. I raised 2 new born kitten in my life time. Pretty neat. Where is birdy sleeping? Have fun.

Kool! If you will share a picture, maybe someone here knows what it is?

I raised a couple pigeons on earth worms when I was a kid, which I named Bill and George. I actually started with three squabs, but one got too cold one night and died.

Bill and George subsequently got together and produced a huge flock of pigeons, much to the chagrin of the local chicken farmer who unwillingly helped feed them. That was back in the day before trans........................................

1656419340416.jpeg
it worked then

Whenever I'm in a group in a restaurant and there's a wait for a table I always give the name Donner. Then I wait to see how many people stop and look when the hostess calls out 'Donner party'.
We were in a restaurant and they kept calling out malarky party of 12 😂

Latest posts

Back