The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dog is my best and most loyal friend.
My wife is mine. The two dogs I've got love me, but they really love the girls more. Last dog I had that showed no favoritism between the three of us was Sharkey. Damn good dog.

My wife is mine. The two dogs I've got love me, but they really love the girls more. Last dog I had that showed no favoritism between the three of us was Sharkey. Damn good dog.
I prefer a family dog that Loves everyone
I would be sad for my dog if he as mine alone and something happened to me.
I had dogs in the past that only I could handle

When I was a young lad the future was Friday night....now this comes to mind.

giphy.gif
Dead right

Good morning

biscuits and gravy at the Senior Center this morning , I get to hang out with some of the locals and chop it up

some cool stories from some of the farmers who farm 100 square mile tracts that their grandparents used to work

the local dry land wheat harvest looks weak , only 10-12 bushels and acre

but if ya are farming 64,000 acres who cares
That's true there big but a farmer is always looking for the best harvest possible

That's true there big but a farmer is always looking for the best harvest possible

as much as I respect farmers and ranchers , there are a few rotten apples in the bunch

for example , I know for a fact that some farmers deliberately under plant their fields and then file crop insurance failure and get a fat check from the gubmint

in reality , those farmers feel like they have been ripped off by a corrupt gubmint so they don’t see anything wrong with getting some of their tax money back

i can relate to that

as much as I respect farmers and ranchers , there are a few rotten apples in the bunch

for example , I know for a fact that some farmers deliberately under plant their fields and then file crop insurance failure and get a fat check from the gubmint

in reality , those farmers feel like they have been ripped off by a corrupt gubmint so they don’t see anything wrong with getting some of their tax money back

i can relate to that
I've no doubt that happens.

However, today there are so many ways and means that insurance companies can check for that kind of fraud - remember, the last thing they want to do is pay. Shark vs shark

please bring me back a Mars Bar

OK, I'll even assign Miss Layla guard duty on your bar in case I get distracted.

Layla.jpg

Morning Old Farts busy day in the kitchen today. Enjoy

And a good morning to you as well my dear!

I prefer a family dog that Loves everyone
I would be sad for my dog if he as mine alone and something happened to me.
I had dogs in the past that only I could handle

German Shepherds are typically wary of strangers but love their families. Grayfox swears all our dogs love me best, but I don't see it that way. I see them as loving us both but recognizing the order of things. They mind me better because they simply recognize me as the alpha leader and I spend more time training them.

We've rescued four German Shepherds that were considered incorrigible for one reason or another and they all adjust to both new names and ownership without missing a stride, as well as stopped being a problem child. They are quick studies and willing to do their part, as well as the extra mile as required.

While our pups may be my very best friend in the morning when we most often do our walks, come mealtime Grayfox is most special, as well in the evening when she most frequently walks our pups.

They also recognizing a pecking order, as well as the proper order and schedule of things. For instance, Layla wakes me up every morning with an nuzzle, snuggle, whimpers, and groans, yet waits for Grayfox to get up on her own schedule.

I don't feed her or anything then or do anything special and after waking me up and sharing a love in, she will often go back to sleep herself. She learned that trick herself.

When we're traveling abroad, we hire someone to house and pet sit, so that the critters disruption is minimized. We put Heidi Ho in a premium kennel one time, and I never ever want a dog to be that glad to see me ever again.

We introduce the pups to anyone new first, making sure they have treats so that the pups can tell they are upstanding citizens. The pups have never given any of them a problem, yet if the same person comes to the door when we are there, they are not allowed to cross the threshold without being the pup being told to let them, even with treats.

After we bought the house we are in in about 1985, we had painters redo the insides, and when they arrived every morning Heidi Ho blocked them at the door until instructed to let them pass, and then still watched over them closely, so that if they moved too fast, she barked at them. Once we left however, she stopped barking at them and took a nap with them working around her.

She was protecting us, not the house............................

Latest posts

Back