The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as much as I respect farmers and ranchers , there are a few rotten apples in the bunch

for example , I know for a fact that some farmers deliberately under plant their fields and then file crop insurance failure and get a fat check from the gubmint

in reality , those farmers feel like they have been ripped off by a corrupt gubmint so they don’t see anything wrong with getting some of their tax money back

i can relate to that
Like tobacco subsidies. Pay them not to grow.

Bubba

OK, I'll even assign Miss Layla guard duty on your bar in case I get distracted.

View attachment 301582

And a good morning to you as well my dear!

German Shepherds are typically wary of strangers but love their families. Grayfox swears all our dogs love me best, but I don't see it that way. I see them as loving us both but recognizing the order of things. They mind me better because they simply recognize me as the alpha leader and I spend more time training them.

We've rescued four German Shepherds that were considered incorrigible for one reason or another and they all adjust to both new names and ownership without missing a stride, as well as stopped being a problem child. They are quick studies and willing to do their part, as well as the extra mile as required.

While our pups may be my very best friend in the morning when we most often do our walks, come mealtime Grayfox is most special, as well in the evening when she most frequently walks our pups.

They also recognizing a pecking order, as well as the proper order and schedule of things. For instance, Layla wakes me up every morning with an nuzzle, snuggle, whimpers, and groans, yet waits for Grayfox to get up on her own schedule.

I don't feed her or anything then or do anything special and after waking me up and sharing a love in, she will often go back to sleep herself. She learned that trick herself.

When we're traveling abroad, we hire someone to house and pet sit, so that the critters disruption is minimized. We put Heidi Ho in a premium kennel one time, and I never ever want a dog to be that glad to see me ever again.

We introduce the pups to anyone new first, making sure they have treats so that the pups can tell they are upstanding citizens. The pups have never given any of them a problem, yet if the same person comes to the door when we are there, they are not allowed to cross the threshold without being the pup being told to let them, even with treats.

After we bought the house we are in in about 1985, we had painters redo the insides, and when they arrived every morning Heidi Ho blocked them at the door until instructed to let them pass, and then still watched over them closely, so that if they moved too fast, she barked at them. Once we left however, she stopped barking at them and took a nap with them working around her.

She was protecting us, not the house............................

The 1st time I brought my puppy to an upscale kennel with common playground and pool, when we came to get her she ran out and greeted me and, while I was paying, she turned around and went back in. Was having way to much fun to go home.

The 1st time I brought my puppy to an upscale kennel with common playground and pool, when we came to get her she ran out and greeted me and, while I was paying, she turned around and went back in. Was having way to much fun to go home.

Yeah, this "premium" kennel was on Sauvie's Island on the river, where the dogs got to play together and swim but also had group walks every day. Sounded good on paper and extra bucks for the extra attention, but we wanted her to have a good time. Instead, she felt abandoned....................

We didn't have the same issue the next time when we left her at home with a sitter.

question, I'm in need to garden netting to support some crazy tall colas and was thinking of some kind of netting like scrog growing but I need the nets up around 5'...any suggestions will be gladly considered...

question, I'm in need to garden netting to support some crazy tall colas and was thinking of some kind of netting like scrog growing but I need the nets up around 5'...any suggestions will be gladly considered...
perhaps get 4) 6foot chicken wire stakes the green kind which you may have already

funny you should ask cause mine just came today

i wanted something more than 4 ft wide

so I got the 6 1/2 feet wide x 100 ft long , couple rolls outta do my garden

Garden care - Trellis Netting & Plant Support - Page 1 - GroIndoor.com

7BD13F94-85D9-491E-A346-B14F1450B462.jpeg

got plenty of stakes joe, don't wanna put any more in the pot...I found some 4" square netting online and will have it tomorrow...I've got 12 6' stakes in each pot with a wire around the perimiter and the problem is all the center colas...last time I used horizontal stakes the snagged the other plants when putting them back in the tents...did I say how close I am to tearing down all 4 tents and going back to growing in an open room...you can't get around big plants in tents and taking them out for maintenance is a bother I don't need...

That brings up an interesting question. How does wild marijuana grow without the buds ending up on the ground. I am sure everybody here uses some sort of way to support the weight of the bud's.

How in the world does a 10' tall plant not fall over from the weight of it's flowers. Do large plants get that woody and can stpport the branches.

I guess if you grow 100% Indica.....can ya tell I'm stoned?

got plenty of stakes joe, don't wanna put any more in the pot...I found some 4" square netting online and will have it tomorrow...I've got 12 6' stakes in each pot with a wire around the perimiter and the problem is all the center colas...last time I used horizontal stakes the snagged the other plants when putting them back in the tents...did I say how close I am to tearing down all 4 tents and going back to growing in an open room...you can't get around big plants in tents and taking them out for maintenance is a bother I don't need...
roger that

That brings up an interesting question. How does wild marijuana grow without the buds ending up on the ground. I am sure everybody here uses some sort of way to support the weight of the bud's.

How in the world does a 10' tall plant not fall over from the weight of it's flowers. Do large plants get that woody and can stpport the branches.

I guess if you grow 100% Indica.....can ya tell I'm stoned?

they just fall over on their own , I’ve seen some messed up outdoor plants that looked like toast but kept on ticking to produce flowers and or seeds

the genetic code to survive and propagate itself is mighty strong in cannabis , the plant amazes me!

Latest posts

Back