The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That brings up an interesting question. How does wild marijuana grow without the buds ending up on the ground. I am sure everybody here uses some sort of way to support the weight of the bud's.

How in the world does a 10' tall plant not fall over from the weight of it's flowers. Do large plants get that woody and can stpport the branches.

I guess if you grow 100% Indica.....can ya tell I'm stoned?
I've never seen a land race strain with huge kolas.

Well MySonTheGenius flew in to visit for Father's Day and is staying a coupla days. It turned out this was a very well-timed visit:

The Beautiful Witch had gotten me a total whizzer of a game camera to put in the back yard to see what goes on in the dark.

BZZZZZZZZZTTT

Game cameras have changed slightly in the last 25 years (last time I had a game camera, it was coal-fired, and had a crank).

The destructions that came with this new-gen, satellite-connected magic lantern were ambiguous, arcane, complicated, confusing, cryptic, opaque, and recondite. Possibly occult.

In sum, I got it out of the box OK... but progress had stopped right there. First off, it required me to scan the square squiggle thing with my fargin phone. My phone is a fargin land line. Looks like a bitchin' problem, donnit?

But it went way down from there. Apparently, I was susposed to set up an account somewhere called Spypoint (camera company site). How to do this was not mentioned.

It turns out the concept (when Scooter 'splained it to me) was that every time the camera tooken a pic, it would send it to your phone via your account at the Spypoint nexus. Aha.

Annnnd... When I pointed out the slight difficulty of how I would not be using HIS phone while he was back in Oregon, and that is the phone that was used to follow the destructions (unscrutable, enigmatic)...

That's when I had the IDEA!! What a concept (I oughta tell the stupid bastages at the camera company -- it'd double their sales).

"Scooter: I have my own wi-fi, right? Can you rig my 'puter so I have an icon that just pulls up my daily pictures?"

So he did. Took him (genius IQ, if I never mentioned it before) two full hours. This moanin' I pulled up the pictures taken during the night:

One ring-tailed cat, one bobcat being watched by the pussycat, a really chubby mama possum, and either a raccoon and cat facing off, or two raccoons. <-- The pics are horribobble becuz I had just laid the camera on the grass facing a bit of chicken leftover about ten feet away. So all the pictures (31 yikes!) are sooper bright at short range blanking out the action in the distance.

That's OK, this was just a test. I'm gonna make a setup so I can run it at night only. During the day, the activity back there is pandemonium with wildies -- the camera would go nuts taking pics of birds and squiddels.

It has a fargin solar charger built in to it. <-- Amazing. So I can leave it out in the Floriduh sun to get it full of cramps and jolts to take a blue gazillion pics each night of the Sneakydicker Wildlife Promenade.

I am rather perturbed at the feral cat out there. Peafowl babies make a tasty snack, and they do not breed often, since they live so long. If it is savvy enough to only show up at night, it is safe from me. Otherwise, it will join its cousins.

Last edited:
I've never seen a land race strain with huge kolas.
Quite correct.
Unlike modern cultivars, they have learned to adapt to the challenges of their conditions and this allows them to grow and survive in a way that is very different to the stuff that we grow.
Some of the few and true landrace strains that are grown in very rural parts of SA can reach heights of 7ft tall but never produce huge heavy colas like we know at home. That includes areas that get very little rain and areas that are wet and humid in the grow season.
Many of the Strainhunters documentaries bear testimony to this

Well MySonTheGenius flew in to visit for Father's Day and is staying a coupla days. It turned out this was a very well-timed visit:

The Beautiful Witch had gotten me a total whizzer of a game camera to put in the back yard to see what goes on in the dark.

BZZZZZZZZZTTT

Game cameras have changed slightly in the last 25 years (last time I had a game camera, it was coal-fired, and had a crank).

The destructions that came with this new-gen, satellite-connected magic lantern were ambiguous, arcane, complicated, confusing, cryptic, opaque, and recondite. Possibly occult.

In sum, I got it out of the box OK... but progress had stopped right there. First off, it required me to scan the square squiggle thing with my fargin phone. My phone is a fargin land line. Looks like a bitchin' problem, donnit?

But it went way down from there. Apparently, I was susposed to set up an account somewhere called Spypoint (camera company site). How to do this was not mentioned.

It turns out the concept (when Scooter 'splained it to me) was that every time the camera tooken a pic, it would send it to your phone via your account at the Spypoint nexus. Aha.

Annnnd... When I pointed out the slight difficulty of how I would not be using HIS phone while he was back in Oregon, and that is the phone that was used to follow the destructions (unscrutable, enigmatic)...

That's when I had the IDEA!! What a concept (I oughta tell the stupid bastages at the camera company -- it'd double their sales).

"Scooter: I have my own wi-fi, right? Can you rig my 'puter so I have an icon that just pulls up my daily pictures?"

So he did. Took him (genius IQ, if I never mentioned it before) two full hours. This moanin' I pulled up the pictures taken during the night:

One ring-tailed cat, one bobcat being watched by the pussycat, a really chubby mama possum, and either a raccoon and cat facing off, or two raccoons. <-- The pics are horribobble becuz I had just laid the camera on the grass facing a bit of chicken leftover about ten feet away. So all the pictures (31 yikes!) are sooper bright at short range blanking out the action in the distance.

That's OK, this was just a test. I'm gonna make a setup so I can run it at night only. During the day, the activity back there is pandemonium with wildies -- the camera would go nuts taking pics of birds and squiddels.

It has a fargin solar charger built in to it. <-- Amazing. So I can leave it out in the Floriduh sun to get it full of cramps and jolts to take a blue gazillion pics each night of the Sneakydicker Wildlife Promenade.

I am rather perturbed at the feral cat out there. Peafowl babies make a tasty snack, and they do not breed often, since they live so long. If it is savvy enough to only show up at night, it is safe from me. Otherwise, it will join its cousins.

Pretty neat Unca I would love seeing what happens at night here in my yard. Do you keep any weed plants outside?
Have fun with your new whizzer of a game camar. It's going to be very interesting to see what going on at night.:eek:

Which is better for ever 2 weeks apps for prevention
I have heard people stopped using Capt Jacks Deadbug is this true?
Or I have Monterey

Monterey LG6150 Garden Insect Spray, Insecticide & Pesticide with Spinosad Concentrate, 16 oz
But its 3 yrs old Time for a new bottle I guess LOL

This is what I was using on my outdoor plants 1 app ever 2 weeks
Monterey LG6332 Bacillus Thuringiensis (B.t.) Worm & Caterpillar Killer Insecticide/Pesticide Treatment Concentrate, 16oz

I know @BigSur uses something else starts with a P

Last edited:
Pretty neat Unca I would love seeing what happens at night here in my yard. Do you keep any weed plants outside?
Have fun with your new whizzer of a game camar. It's going to be very interesting to see what going on at night.:eek:
Gawd luv yer bones, ness. I have planted a thousand seeds over the last half-century. I entered my supreme achievement weed plant into the Bud Of The Month thing...

My whole best plant ever was 8" high, with a stem the thickness of a #2 pencil lead (not the pencil, just the lead) and six (or was it eight?) yellow leaves. Something ate it. And the roots.

It wasn't me.

And something ate my ONE peach on my Christmas present peach tree. Right next to where my one ever weed had been growing...

But we will see what happens tonight. I tied the camera to a plastic lattice-sided carton, and aimed it toward the center of last night's activity. It is out there now, charging up unnecessarily but for free with the solar panel.

When it gets dark, I'll go out and turn it on. Any time sooner, and I would have 1000 pictures of all kindsa birdies and stuff that I can see anytime.

AH. One last thing: Scooter is visiting for a coupla more days. So he was having coffee and I was having mango tea the moanin' when there was a ginormous THUMP!! THUMP!! on my roof.

Sounded like a paratrooper landing on the roof. Or mebbe a football team...

Scooter spilled some of his coffee and said, "What the hell was that?"

Me: "That was Fancy Pants. There will be a different, discordant THUMP! in a minute or so."

Sho 'nuff, came a loud clang-crash. I explained that was Fancy Pants getting up on my fireplace chimney cover. The humongumous birdie could barely fit on it, and when he landed on my roof, he always tried moving to the higher chimney top.

I fargin love this place.

Latest posts

Back