The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't got it yet but I know I used over 25,000 gallons and that will cost me $170. Electric with my grow lights, fans exc plus keeping the house cool will run $225 at least. And to quote giggy. "That's just the beginning".
I just had to refill our pool with that much water

I had a pool for years...18,000 gal. 16 x 32....yours must be 20 x40. I will never have one again...to much work.
Had it for over 30yrs , The wife got her dream pool 1 yr after we moved in the house
Of course my dream Truck had to be put on hold a few years .
But I did everything after the pool was in place , I built a giant deck around it and landscaped it beautifully . My wife is still Happy.
She has been it once so far this year LOL

Well, Scooter (MySonTheDoctor <-- Always one word -- old jewish joke) is going back to Oregon tomorrow. Dunno if this is the last time I will ever see him. 😳

So I am gonna bring out the cannon and use some of my powder for a Fambly Pre-Fourth.
You'll be dancing on my grave, Walter. You've got lots 'o time, and your boy will be back. I'd bet the farm on it.
i grew out some expert gorilla, and that stuff was harsh. a buddy gifted me some gorilla glue 4, two reasons i'll never grow it again, one this she-it is so harsh you can't hardly smoke it, two it hermed at the end. i may not dry and cure the best but this is bad. i'm glad they are the last but i'm guessing it got to my girl scout cookies too. time to clean up and start over. now i got to decide what i want next, problem is i grow in 2 small areas and most everything i have stock of in leaning to the sativa side. i will let yall know.
I'd put it on a long time cure. Bet that'll mellow it out.
Had it for over 30yrs , The wife got her dream pool 1 yr after we moved in the house
Of course my dream Truck had to be put on hold a few years .
But I did everything after the pool was in place , I built a giant deck around it and landscaped it beautifully . My wife is still Happy.
She has been it once so far this year LOL
Bait her close to the edge and push her ass in!

You'll be dancing on my grave, Walter. You've got lots 'o time, and your boy will be back. I'd bet the farm on it.

I'd put it on a long time cure. Bet that'll mellow it out.

Bait her close to the edge and push her ass in!
I don't blame her the water has been cold so far this yr, I have gone in almost everyday since the new liner went in 2 weeks ago. the 1st day was Cold , water was just from the tap. Burrrrrrrrrrrrr............

Mine was in ground. 8 ft deep on the deep end. Vinyl. Miracle I didn't break my neck on the diving board.
Yeah I had a kidney shaped in ground pool for yrs in my last house. Fking pain in my ass. I rented a jack hammer and filled it in and covered it up. No more pool chemicals.😁

Yeah I had a kidney shaped in ground pool for yrs in my last house. Fking pain in my ass. I rented a jack hammer and filled it in and covered it up. No more pool chemicals.😁
I would do the same . I kills me to open and close the darn thing
Then to maintain and Vac and do chemicals . I beat my head into a wall every night

Oh and then come here to be beaten ever more
giphy.gif

In Michigan, you just don't have that many days you can use 'em. I always thought that, given enough play money, I'd get one of those fiberglass in ground pools, a small one, and build a geodesic dome over it so I could heat it and swim year 'round. It would keep the leaves outta it, too.

I would do the same . I kills me to open and close the darn thing
Then to maintain and Vac and do chemicals . I beat my head into a wall every night
Mine I had to drain, clean and paint every other yr because of my neighbors god damn tree stained the go out of it

that is why you still work and make the big bucks

just got my water bill , $80 bucks ain’t to bad

electric bill was $30 bucks , trash pickup was $14 and natural gas bill was $25

the cost of living out on the High Plains ain’t bad

They kill us here adding huge sewer charges to the water bill, whether you vent it to sewer or not.

We used the public pool a lot growing up in Oklahoma and going through all the Red Cross swimming programs. I love water and life guarded there my last summer, where I was responsible for maintaining the pool. That was enough to convince me that a home pool would not be a good thang for me.

Fortuitously my BIL and SIL have a pool, which we can use when we have a hankering. Watching him maintain it has been a good reminder for me why I shouldn't have one, and when it does actually get hot here, we have pristine snow melt streams rivers to cool off in that we don't have to maintain, making white water boating a popular sport.

Also good for finding your one point! My Aikido group visited a 37F snow melt mountain waterfall every January and stood under it until we were able to return our attention from the top of our head to our one point a couple of inches below our navels and regained our center, at which point we would immediately stop shaking.

Latest posts

Back