The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They kill us here adding huge sewer charges to the water bill, whether you vent it to sewer or not.

We used the public pool a lot growing up in Oklahoma and going through all the Red Cross swimming programs. I love water and life guarded there my last summer, where I was responsible for maintaining the pool. That was enough to convince me that a home pool would not be a good thang for me.

Fortuitously my BIL and SIL have a pool, which we can use when we have a hankering. Watching him maintain it has been a good reminder for me why I shouldn't have one, and when it does actually get hot here, we have pristine snow melt streams rivers to cool off in that we don't have to maintain, making white water boating a popular sport.

Also good for finding your one point! My Aikido group visited a 37F snow melt mountain waterfall every January and stood under it until we were able to return our attention from the top of our head to our one point a couple of inches below our navels and regained our center, at which point we would immediately stop shaking.
Lol..."they kill us here with huge sewer charges to the bill... we use the public pool"

my lift station and septic system costs me nada...:)

ditto

" I love the smell of napalm in the morning ".. I made a concocktion to help burn up two elm trees I cut down a month ago. They're trash trees being so fragile in bad weather that birds and squirrels will not nest in them ..

.Be safe and enjoy life

My cannon ate a tad over $10 worth of powder. As luck would have it, we had a lovely multiplier: The air was dead still.

So whut? you chillun say?

Waal, Pilgrims, Ah'll tellya, uh-hunh [J. Wayne clearly ON]...

Only fired it twicet; seems that you could not see 100 feet in any direction after the second shot because of the white smoke.

Oh. And smoke, like fog, echoes sound. So the second shot was about twice as loud as the first for two reasons: Barrel was heated up, and the smoke wall was reflecting.

Last edited:
Jesus. I've never seen "Apocalypse Now". That video -- I could only watch to 2:45 before I shut it off, wondering how anyone could go to that shite for entertainment.

I saw it once when it first came out ... just like I did with the Exorcist, Top Gun, Guns of Naverone, Saving Private Ryan, the Sons of Katie Elder , .. with Star Wars it took 5 years before I watched the first movie .. just schtick

FWya_MbVQAIY6Kw.png

Happy Birthday America! Today is me and Mrs Putes Anniversary. 48 years ago today we were married in her Aunt's back yard about 5 miles north of here.

I get to spend the first part of the day trimming and host a barbecue this afternoon. No day off for me on this holiday. Some how have to find the time to balance my check book, get propane, run to the liquor store and walk the dog.

Stay cool and stay safe...gonna be a hot one.

I'll be glad when this little bugger is ready to head out into the big world. I'm really getting sick of chewing up the damned worms, and his beak's gotten my lips raw.
View attachment 302095

That's my daughter's hand for all you appendage freaks. :)
Nice one there H. What goes around comes around

Latest posts

Back