The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are in bags this year and look well not so hot LOL
I 'm ashamed

aww man , that is ok with me cause I am so happy that some of us can grow nowadays

when weed was illegal , we would hide and duck and cover and deal with paranoia all the time

that **** gets old

the old days of gorilla growing or looking for a dealer to buy a sack of pot are just memories now

back in those days we were so happy to just have a gram or two of good flowers to smoke

so yeah , I still get chuffed at seeing other peoples gardens and plants , no matter how big or small , it is just the love of the plant that keeps me going

what flavors are you growing?

aww man , that is ok with me cause I am so happy that some of us can grow nowadays

when weed was illegal , we would hide and duck and cover and deal with paranoia all the time

that **** gets old

the old days of gorilla growing or looking for a dealer to buy a sack of pot are just memories now

back in those days we were so happy to just have a gram or two of good flowers to smoke

so yeah , I still get chuffed at seeing other peoples gardens and plants , no matter how big or small , it is just the love of the plant that keeps me going

what flavors are you growing?
Peyote Critical hybrid heavy Idica leaner very stinky so far
I get some pics and send

I’ve heard good things about the peyote purps but have not had the pleasure to grow them

all the best
Thanks Big If I run into any road blocks I am heading to your thread
Never had Purple , But these were the last few seeds of a batch I grew out 2 yrs ago .
Got a few seeds on one plant , may be feminized

View attachment 305059
View attachment 305060
View attachment 305061
Supplies:
* You'll need something to wrap the buds in. The best wrapper appears to be corn husks. I got mine from the rain forest, but you can find them in many stores for wrapping tamales. Alternatively, Tangwena suggested construction-weight paper bags. They'll withstand the abuse better than thinner bags. The corn husks create more surface area with their grooves. Tangwena says he swears by the sweeter taste created by the husks.

* The best cobs hold 1.5 - 2 ounces of buds, at somewhere around 80% RH

* A vacuum sealer system eliminates the threat of mold. You're going to squeeze them snugly.

* The process begins with a 24 - hour sweating step, maintaining the cobs at 40 C/104 F. There are many ways to achieve this, some of which repuk suggested on his chart. I'll be using a seed-starting heat pad with an inverted container under the insulating weight of a couple towels. Simplicity and frugality rolled into one.

There were some good pointers I found in just the first 10% of Tangwena's thread.

Aaaaand I just realized they got deleted. Lol! I'll go back over the material tonight and tomorrow and add it into this thread. I'll get the process worked up with details. They're aware that we're building on their experience and heartily encourage us to create a flow between the communities.

Tangwena's intention is to share this wonderful gift of knowledge with the world, to change the hearts and minds of cannabis enthusiasts, one cob at a time. I'm honored, as an unofficial ambassador of :420: to bring the knowledge back to my friends.

I think we're going to look back on this day warmly as the start of something wonderful. Can't you feel it? :yahoo:
I started replying and then saw that you had posted the method above.

Yes, that method works well and is the "modern version" if I can call it that. I've tried it with good results.

However, I go an older more traditional route simply because I'm getting old and like traditional. I let the properly wrapped cobs ferment/sweat/do their thing inside a closed clay pot/dish in a warm area for up to 2+ weeks. They then get checked that all is good and if quite wet I give them a pat off with some kitchen towel.

They are then re-double wrapped properly, tied up and placed in a thatched roof to cure - I have a thatched roof lapa and this works just fine for me. I know that in rural Malawi it is not uncommon to still place cobs in grass roofs and some even bury them to cure - to each his own I guess. The one's I showed were done in April and can continue to cure for a lot longer, even years. I am still smoking some cob that is 3 years old and it is just gorgeous.

This method works for me (and many friends!).

I think my dog has been peeing on them
1659630600634.png

Lookin' at the Derringer under the clunky .357 in the top pic... WHY inna world would anyone want a hammer the size of Ethiopia on a Derringer... larger than one on a 1911? Just so you must hand-carry it everywhere? Never get it out of a pocket...

And, good gosh, WHY would you have a gigantic front sight on a fargin Derringer?

These people aren't thinking. Or worse, they are thinking like advertising types going for the showboaters with useless "cool" stuff on weapons. Derringers are for concealment and acquisition without difficulty.

And the good ones are double-action. You are not target or skeet shooting.

This is Herself's Derringer carry. Note it is hammerless, and sports a tiny, no-snag front sight: View attachment 305045
I never liked those I'll go with a revolver over 1 of those or even a slide action pistol.... Idk I can blast a half gallon just 1st shot at 40 yards with a old 44 single action revolver with a dirty hairy barrel... I've always found revolvers to be more accurate and reliable that a slide action or Dillinger to me accuracy is more important then concealibility or round count if I'm going to shoot somebody is going to be one person and I want accuracy over all that but that's just me to each his own.... I'm gonna let it go but to me that 357 was clean and smooth looking not bulky or rigid like most 357 revolvers...... I couldn't believe it was over a grand

Latest posts

Back