The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1659792068689.png

This is the result of loud music, drag racing and the United States Army.

IMG_20220806_073759354.jpg

I wish there was a way I could go back 50 years and slap myself. These puppies were $4,000 with the help of Medicare. My first pair was $6,000. My hearing started to fade in my 40's and now WHAT is the most common word in my vocabulary.

What really sucks is my word recognition. Even though I can hear the sound is muffled. I have leaned to read lips and have gotten pretty good at it. So, instead of what I say...."look at me and say that again". I have learned to live with it....even the ringing in my ears. What are you gonna do.

What really sucks is my word recognition. Even though I can hear the sound is muffled. I have leaned to read lips and have gotten pretty good at it. So, instead of what I say...."look at me and say that again". I have learned to live with it....even the ringing in my ears. What are you gonna do.
Boy oh boy ,you could say that again ....

I'll tell ya a little story about that piece, but you'll swear I'm a liar.

I knew a couple of chuckleheads that I'd met 40+ years ago. Best friends. Drank together, smoked buds together, and chased tail together.
They stopped past Super City in Flint to check out guns. One wound up buying the .22 LR version, while his buddy bought the mag.
A few months later, they're out in the woods raising h ell, and the buzz told 'em that it would be real fun to play mumbly-peg with the derringers with their hands spread wide on the side of a tree.
You can kinda see where this one's going, can't ya?
They actually got off quite a few rounds without a problem. Second to the last shot, the guy with the LR nicked the finger of his buddy. Now, it's his buddy's turn.
Yep, a 22 mag straight through the palm of his hand. He didn't lose the hand, but it stayed stiff for the rest of his life.

Always had a deal with my friends; When the booze comes out, the guns go up. Common sense, if'n ya think abut it.
Definitely common sense. But....when that young I felt like super man and common sense was in very short supply.

Bubba

This is the result of loud music, drag racing and the United States Army.

View attachment 305269

I wish there was a way I could go back 50 years and slap myself. These puppies were $4,000 with the help of Medicare. My first pair was $6,000. My hearing started to fade in my 40's and now WHAT is the most common word in my vocabulary.
Yea, prices are silly. My medical aid only allows me a new one every 2 years

My wife says I need a hearing aid. She doesn't like it when I say if you would just quit mumbling or yelling from the other room

Latest posts

Back