The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like it’s your job to clean the cat box. I don’t know about that never have to scrape or scrub the box. They dont know my stoned cat Louie 😜
I find if I don't like some thing the best way to not be annoyed by it is to do it myself saves me from the frustration of micro managing for more important dramas... guilty as charged tho normally 😉

No cats around here. My dog would kill them. He doesn't play well with others.
Neither do my 40lb racoons but I keep them on the outside of the 🚪
Ever seen a cat trained not to go outside a open 🚪 😲😮 😲 😮
20220807_073212.jpg

Morning OFC. Rain coming later. I hope we get a toad strangler. Been another dry summer.....did I mention hot as well. Today will be a welcome break.

I lost a cat to a coyote once and any cat I have from now on will never see the great outdoors. I have a 4,000 sq ft house and that is plenty of room for them to do all sorts of neferious activities.

Daughter and SIL are coming over for dinner. Gotta cut the grass and spray down the deck and do some work in the grow.

But first...coffee.

One review warns of health risk to cat due to teflon. If this is true, I will stay away from it. Dupont poisoned us for years and years with teflon, now they want our pets to suffer? Dont know if its true, but sounds dangerous if it is. If you are over 20 or 30 your are likely full of teflon.

Bubba

Morning OFC. Rain coming later. I hope we get a toad strangler. Been another dry summer.....did I mention hot as well. Today will be a welcome break.

I lost a cat to a coyote once and any cat I have from now on will never see the great outdoors. I have a 4,000 sq ft house and that is plenty of room for them to do all sorts of neferious activities.

Daughter and SIL are coming over for dinner. Gotta cut the grass and spray down the deck and do some work in the grow.

But first...coffee.
Same here, run of all three floors

bubba

One review warns of health risk to cat due to teflon. If this is true, I will stay away from it. Dupont poisoned us for years and years with teflon, now they want our pets to suffer? Dont know if its true, but sounds dangerous if it is. If you are over 20 or 30 your are likely full of teflon.

Bubba
That goes both ways tho it made me bullet proof from exposure I guess seeing what I've survived for gun shot wounds 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆

Today, we commemorate the creation of the Purple Heart Medal in 1782 and honor those who received the medal, many of which were wounded or killed in combat. We should always remember and thank them for their ultimate sacrifice.

FZkD8hlWQAEA1-d.jpg

Today, we commemorate the creation of the Purple Heart Medal in 1782 and honor those who received the medal, many of which were wounded or killed in combat. We should always remember and thank them for their ultimate sacrifice.
My step-father got shot in WWI. He was a bugler. He said he was scratching a cootie when some Heinie sharpshooter nailed him in the elbow. Purple Hearts were NOT issued to wounded sojers in that war until 1932. They got wound stripes instead, and a certificate showing a dinged sojer kneeling before Liberty.
Here it is:
1659884224387.png

He also got gassed; he was getting shot at, and had to jump in a shell crater. The gas was heavier than air, and collected in the bottoms of shell craters. So by jumping in, he inhaled gas. That was two dings...

Last edited:
Neither do my 40lb racoons but I keep them on the outside of the 🚪
Ever seen a cat trained not to go outside a open 🚪 😲😮 😲 😮
View attachment 305366
Our cats immediately go to anything new and unique, like an open door, but we keep them indoor cats except for their walled catio courtyard.

But first...coffee.
Average life of an outdoor cat in our area is less than two years because of the racoons and coyotes.

Our cats immediately go to anything new and unique, like an open door, but we keep them indoor cats except for their walled catio courtyard.

Average life of an outdoor cat in our area is less than two years because of the racoons and coyotes.
I have 4 cats(4 too many sometimes). 2 are indoor, 1 gets to go out for brief periods(until he starts to hunt my bird feeders, and 1 who goes out then disappears from the yard for hours. They all are indoors by dusk. We have raccoons, coyotes and fisher cats(supposedly bobcats too) that cull the cats that stay outside at night. One cat though has been around the better part of a decade that is outside all the time. He is a smart old bugger. He even hunts my feeders at night(I see him on my trail cam) along with the above mentioned predators…

Might want to read on the history of dupont and teflon. They never admitted it then, likely are not now. Wonder what a test would show. Trust them if you want, I don't.

a little info on c15-c30 hydrotreated alkanes: see warnings:

https://echa.europa.eu/substance-information/-/substanceinfo/100.069.740
While this is a different product, it contains c15-c30 hydrotreated alkanes, see what is added to these lubricants a few down? PTFE. teflon. I dont trust them, its not listed on the box in the litter product.....I find most highly convience pet products need a little digging.

https://www.spartanchemical.com/sds...leum distillates. Possible aspiration hazard.Bubba

Last edited:
I wonder if C15-30 is like the "c" molecule sizes greywolf talks about being separated by freezing temps in the making of Q-wet? If so, I just got a tiny chem lesson! Dont know if the "C" stuff here is similar or something completely different. In QWET, it refers to molecule size I believe, somehow the lowering of the temps to 0 or below with dry ice prevents the larger molecules from passing the filter, the larger ones being what you want to avoid to get honey colored product.

Latest posts

Back