The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 4 cats(4 too many sometimes). 2 are indoor, 1 gets to go out for brief periods(until he starts to hunt my bird feeders, and 1 who goes out then disappears from the yard for hours. They all are indoors by dusk. We have raccoons, coyotes and fisher cats(supposedly bobcats too) that cull the cats that stay outside at night. One cat though has been around the better part of a decade that is outside all the time. He is a smart old bugger. He even hunts my feeders at night(I see him on my trail cam) along with the above mentioned predators…
Our next door neighbor's have a very nice friendly cat that spends her days outdoors and nights indoors, who has so far escaped the heavy traffic on one of the nearby streets, as well as the predators, and is probably five or six years old. She patrols the sidewalk in front of her house and greets strangers that walk by. She is gone in a flash when Miss Layla lunges on the leash.

Yup, a coon will dround a dog in the water most every time.
They can leave a dog pretty bloody on the ground, ripping out their stomachs or playing "hat" while biting and scratching the dogs eyes and ears.

A family of racoons chewed up my SIL's doodle so bad that she had to put it down.

Last edited:
I wonder if C15-30 is like the "c" molecule sizes greywolf talks about being separated by freezing temps in the making of Q-wet? If so, I just got a tiny chem lesson! Dont know if the "C" stuff here is similar or something completely different. In QWET, it refers to molecule size I believe, somehow the lowering of the temps to 0 or below with dry ice prevents the larger molecules from passing the filter, the larger ones being what you want to avoid to get honey colored product.
The C stands for Carbon and so a C-15 Alkane has 15 carbon molecules.

Carbon maintains 4 bonds, so all simple Alkanes are carbon atoms lined up in a row, with the other bond sites hydrogen atoms. They therefore have twice as many hydrogen as carbon atoms, plus the 2 on the ends of the chain, or C X 2 + 2= H.

Simple Alkanes are like methane, ethane, propane, butane, pentane, hexane, heptane, octane, etc, et al.

The C-15 through C-55 Terpene and Terpenoid molecules that I discuss in extraction are not Alkanes, but Alkenes.

They are not a string of carbons surrounded by hydrogen, but the carbon atoms are arranged in aromatic rings, with the other bond sites filled by hydrogen and in Terpenoids, other atoms like oxygen, or nitrogen.

Coons ? .They are only good for Disney family nature flicks .. they really are good for nothing but creating destruction .

dagang.jpg

my K-9 before I got dutch was rainman...he ate anything that walked...one night he and a bobcat got into it, cat gave my big boy a cat hat for a few fleeting seconds...once rainman opened up the cats belly it was all over but the the grinding of his teeth against the asphalt lives in my memory like it was yesterday...what a freaking mess, blood everywhere...that dog knew no fear

Our cats immediately go to anything new and unique, like an open door, but we keep them indoor cats except for their walled catio courtyard.

Average life of an outdoor cat in our area is less than two years because of the racoons and coyotes.
Fuzzy Britches had his own, unnoticeable cat door (behind an easy chair). He could go out to the patio, and either laze on the spa cover, or roam around looking for lizards.

But he never went outside. Floriduh supplies all animobiles down here with fleas. Lotsa. An outdoor cat will most ricky-tick bring them into the house. Then you have the two-times application of Borax to all the rugs. Second time to get the eggs that were laid prior to the first application.

Clearly, BTDT.

Coons ? .They are only good for Disney family nature flicks .. they really are good for nothing but creating destruction .
Lemme see if I can sway you a tab, Brother Patwi...

Racketycoons eat rats. Oh yezzah. I put food out every fargin day for the daytime wildies. Often there is leftover nummies laying around when it gets dark (especially in the winter months when it gets dark early).

I do not have a rat problem. I have a resident Absolute Unit of a raccoon. He stays fat keeping nighttime wildies to the odd stray cat, aaannd:

The resident possum family that lives under my outbuilding.

"Yes, possums eat rats. In fact, not just rats -- they are found to feed on most of the rodents that cause problems to humans. Possums mainly catch and eat rats, roof rats, and mice apart from preying on other rodents. The dietary pattern of a possum makes it a highly beneficial species for humans."

As luck would have it, Absolute Unit and the possums get along fine. Double plus.

Lemme see if I can sway you a tab, Brother Patwi...

Racketycoons eat rats. Oh yezzah. I put food out every fargin day for the daytime wildies. Often there is leftover nummies laying around when it gets dark (especially in the winter months when it gets dark early).

I do not have a rat problem. I have a resident Absolute Unit of a raccoon. He stays fat keeping nighttime wildies to the odd stray cat, aaannd:

The resident possum family that lives under my outbuilding.

"Yes, possums eat rats. In fact, not just rats -- they are found to feed on most of the rodents that cause problems to humans. Possums mainly catch and eat rats, roof rats, and mice apart from preying on other rodents. The dietary pattern of a possum makes it a highly beneficial species for humans."

As luck would have it, Absolute Unit and the possums get along fine. Double plus.
I have seen the raccoons in my yard pestering a possum. I had to go out one night to break up a scuffle. Possums like ticks. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Another nice thing about possums... they are why we now have anti-venin for snakebite. TINS.
I have seen the raccoons in my yard pestering a possum. I had to go out one night to break up a scuffle. Possums like ticks. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Makes sense: The possum fambly outnumbers tubby. So while they don't hang out and shoot the breeze together, they don't pay much attention to each other either.

Another nice thing about possums... they are why we now have anti-venin for snakebite. TINS.

Makes sense: The possum fambly outnumbers tubby. So while they don't hang out and shoot the breeze together, they don't pay much attention to each other either.
I have seen them peacefully coexist too but I think the raccoons get bored. They stole a suet cage on me last night. Probably will find it out in the woods at some point…

Fuzzy Britches had his own, unnoticeable cat door (behind an easy chair). He could go out to the patio, and either laze on the spa cover, or roam around looking for lizards.

But he never went outside. Floriduh supplies all animobiles down here with fleas. Lotsa. An outdoor cat will most ricky-tick bring them into the house. Then you have the two-times application of Borax to all the rugs. Second time to get the eggs that were laid prior to the first application.

Clearly, BTDT.
I hate fleas. Trying to get rid of them now.

Latest posts

Back