The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much affect would carpet have on a "good dry"? My dry room(spare bed room) is just a typical small.. I'd say 10x10 room with fairly new carpet. Only place I have that I can control the environment.. somewhat. Well it absorb too much moisture and mess anything up?

i do not think the carpet will any effect on a good dry

How much affect would carpet have on a "good dry"? My dry room(spare bed room) is just a typical small.. I'd say 10x10 room with fairly new carpet. Only place I have that I can control the environment.. somewhat. Well it absorb too much moisture and mess anything up?
I have always used my spare room with carpet for drying comes out right every time

mornin folks, been chilling this morning with young ivan...he's as good as it gets...dutch seems to have belly issues, he spent the night outside last night for the first time ever...I believe it's nerves...

word has it we got a hurricaine heading this way...gonna get the storm shutters out of the pole barn and be on standbye...53 pieces on a dedicated trailer...got 4 friends waiting on the call to install...
@boo -- I would recommend you give some serious thought to the always-up kind of shutters.

I went to them after a dozen years of manhandling heavy running-W, pre-specific-window labeled, sharp-edged gut busters requiring lining up to big screw heads and then tightening each and every one of them while on a fargin ladder. Not to mention you later haveta take them down and put them back in the pole barn for more mud-daubers to build homes.

Now I have nice looking, discreet folded-back permanent shutters that take me thirty seconds to draw closed and locked (a full minute if I have a glass of water in one hand).

It's time, bro... I have a pic I tooken of my RO water system that happens to show two windows with them installed. Even my Beautiful Witch can do them.
1664048343840.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like Ian is heading yer way, Walter.
Interesting story about Scooter's Mankillers:

They are kept in open cyclone fence cages about 200' square each (lotsa room). One day, Scotty noticed the big female (the one from the movies) digging a big hole in the ground.

Big enough for the monster to lay down in it and be at ground level. The others started doing it too. They KNEW a hurricane was coming. <-- That was the year two hurricanes crossed their centers directly over his farm.

walt, I have 53 shutters on my dedicated trailer for the every 8 year big storm...I've got 4 guys on standby to put them up...your shutters are the way to go but I won't put them up, they look like prison windows...I built a 12" thick continous pour wall system with rebar to reinforce it...my walls and trusses are designed to handle a 138 mph. blow...did fine 6 years ago with our last big blow...besides, 2 grand per window is a bit excessive for my taste...

++++HOO BOY!

Been raining fit to frighten Noah for more than a day. I went down to the road to look at the swale. I have snorkled in shallower water.

It looked so strange... very rapid current in a crystal clear stream about 15 feet wide, about three feet deep, with a waving carpet of grass on the bottom.

And I went out to see the night sky about an hour ago, and was astonished by the racket tens of thousands of frogs were (still are) making. Burrs, tweets, chirps... and the occasional drumbeat of Albert.

It's like Market Day in Marrakesh.

walt, I have 53 shutters on my dedicated trailer for the every 8 year big storm...I've got 4 guys on standby to put them up...your shutters are the way to go but I won't put them up, they look like prison windows...I built a 12" thick continous pour wall system with rebar to reinforce it...my walls and trusses are designed to handle a 138 mph. blow...did fine 6 years ago with our last big blow...besides, 2 grand per window is a bit excessive for my taste...
With four guys availabobble, you doan need no steenking shutters. I wuz looking at it from my perspective: I had to put them all up alone.

It was a nutbuster, no error, just getting them outa the garage.

Latest posts

Back