The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1664138561134.jpeg

Don’t screw around with Walt or you’re going to find a bouncing Betty or a Claymore in your front yard. He’s been there and done that so I don’t think there would be much hesitation on his side.
I got a package from great lakes genetics yesterday where I ordered bunch more girl crush and train wreck. Those folks gave me 12 packages of freebies along with a color catalog which was off the chain. It took a week from when I sent my money order to when I got my merchandise. Safe secure and on time, who could ask for more
Careful Boo she'll BOOP one of your eyes out
giphy.gif

Walt! Whadya think about that 1917 Curtiss jn4-d “jenny” biplane? Supposed to be one of ten left in the world. It can be yours for a paltry $975,000.
I knew the guy that rebuilt that. He found the wrecked pieces in an old abandoned Long Island WWII (yes, WW Two) hangar (Floyd Bennet Field) along with a half-dozen others that wound up in the Smithsonian. He was allowed to take the shattered pieces of two wrecks as a sorta consolation finders fee. He rebuilt them both, and flew them at his Rhinebeck Aerodrome.

His name was Cole, and he had three planes in flying condition and a tweeny two-man tank when I knew him. He'd put on shows for a dozen or so folks that would show up. You got onto his place by a short dirt road. The planes were kept in a
big old beat up barn along with an ancient wooden-wheeled fire engine he was rebuilding. All I remember was this humongous yellow sign on the barn announcing "Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome".

I actually helped his presentation a tad. I told him his bad guy flier should be named Baron Nasty von Nasty in the loudspeaker running commentary. He adopted that. He also used my idea of a cherry bomb wrapped in some solder to make "Archie" explosions up by the planes as they flew over.

But this was more than half a fargin century ago. I haven't heard anything since I moved away, so I dunno how his Jenny wound up in Texas. He prolly isn't even there anymore.

I knew the guy that rebuilt that. He found the wrecked pieces in an old abandoned Long Island WWII (yes, WW Two) hangar (Floyd Bennet Field) along with a half-dozen others that wound up in the Smithsonian. He was allowed to take the shattered pieces of two wrecks as a sorta consolation finders fee. He rebuilt them both, and flew them at his Rhinebeck Aerodrome.

His name was Cole, and he had three planes in flying condition and a tweeny two-man tank when I knew him. He'd put on shows for a dozen or so folks that would show up. You got onto his place by a short dirt road. The planes were kept in a
big old beat up barn along with an ancient wooden-wheeled fire engine he was rebuilding. All I remember was this humongous yellow sign on the barn announcing "Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome".

I actually helped his presentation a tad. I told him his bad guy flier should be named Baron Nasty von Nasty in the loudspeaker running commentary. He adopted that. He also used my idea of a cherry bomb wrapped in some solder to make "Archie" explosions up by the planes as they flew over.

But this was more than half a fargin century ago. I haven't heard anything since I moved away, so I dunno how his Jenny wound up in Texas. He prolly isn't even there anymore.
1664140754760.png

1664140808014.png

Holy Shit! Cole was still eating a lot of peanut butter sandwiches (his words) back In The Day. I see he has graveled his dirt road. I cannot believe he is still there. It has been more than half a century, and he was 20 years older than me. Quite a huge operation now.

That giant building did not exist back then... Just his old barn, which I do not see in the photos you have found.

The German crate he had Baron Nasty von Nasty flying was an Eindeker <-- single wing monoplane. It was essentially just a fargin chair mounted behind a lawnmower engine. didn't even have a windscreen. But it did score kills in action at first...
1664141339377.png

IIRC, Cole showed me how the seat belt would NOT work, so he had promised his lady that he would never fly it upside down (wouldn't work that way anyway).

Last edited:
Can not believe that useless turd Adams the NYC mayor is in Puerto Rico to survey the damage .WHY? The jerk offs own city is in a shambles but the useless twat thinks he is needed in PR Fock that piece of crap
But the Children Joe , think of the Children

Latest posts

Back