The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spent the day getting out the hurricane shutters and getting all the cars into the museum...done for the day...

put up 2 of those bug zappers with the blue lights...skeeters done here are brutal, they fly up your nose while breathing...

spent the day getting out the hurricane shutters and getting all the cars into the museum...done for the day...

put up 2 of those bug zappers with the blue lights...skeeters done here are brutal, they fly up your nose while breathing...
Are you putting them up?
Are you at the end of the state or more towards the top

But the Children Joe , think of the Children
Yea ** ! When 45 was in office they went nuts on how little they thought he was doing for them . Later they find out all the corruption and all the water and supplies never distributed . They blamed the deaths of 3000 people during that time . Meanwhile 3k worth of people die naturally during that amount of time

Maybe 5 more days of this crap! Come on sunshine, where are ya!? I hope they all make it. The tarp just about covers them all. Still, humidity is like frickin 100%. Kind of messy but that's the idea. Very hard to walk through during the day. So at night it would be very hard to be sneaky. Plus all the lines stretching everywhere will clothesline you if you're not careful. Boy oh boy the last two weeks are always so stressful.
20220925_161920.jpg

Maybe 5 more days of this crap! Come on sunshine, where are ya!? I hope they all make it. The tarp just about covers them all. Still, humidity is like frickin 100%. Kind of messy but that's the idea. Very hard to walk through during the day. So at night it would be very hard to be sneaky. Plus all the lines stretching everywhere will clothesline you if you're not careful. Boy oh boy the last two weeks are always so stressful. View attachment 309598

stressful indeed

at least our humidity is below 50%

good morning

I don't think I've ever seen red like that on the trichomes. I think the only strain that has them is the gorilla glue. Has anyone else seen them red like that? Is it OK orView attachment 309617View attachment 309618 normal?

i have a GG growing outside. I planned to check the trichomes today. Will send a pic if I get the same thing. I’ve grown it before in my ten tho and never got that red, just amber mix before I picked it

hey Neighbor , have you ever caugh a greenback cutthroat trout?

I heard they are making a comeback in Colorado

View attachment 309611
No. Rare. Only found in a few small creeks and high mountain lakes. Brook trout are their mortal enemies.

i have a GG growing outside. I planned to check the trichomes today. Will send a pic if I get the same thing. I’ve grown it before in my ten tho and never got that red, just amber mix before I picked it
[/QUOTE
I don't think I've ever seen red like that on the trichomes. I think the only strain that has them is the gorilla glue. Has anyone else seen them red like that? Is it OK orView attachment 309617View attachment 309618 normal?
F5F49AFF-D62F-430A-9FEC-71D7B9B0D09A.jpeg

No red like that on mine but it doesn’t mean anything. They look ok to me
F5F49AFF-D62F-430A-9FEC-71D7B9B0D09A.jpeg

I knew the guy that rebuilt that. He found the wrecked pieces in an old abandoned Long Island WWII (yes, WW Two) hangar (Floyd Bennet Field) along with a half-dozen others that wound up in the Smithsonian. He was allowed to take the shattered pieces of two wrecks as a sorta consolation finders fee. He rebuilt them both, and flew them at his Rhinebeck Aerodrome.

His name was Cole, and he had three planes in flying condition and a tweeny two-man tank when I knew him. He'd put on shows for a dozen or so folks that would show up. You got onto his place by a short dirt road. The planes were kept in a
big old beat up barn along with an ancient wooden-wheeled fire engine he was rebuilding. All I remember was this humongous yellow sign on the barn announcing "Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome".

I actually helped his presentation a tad. I told him his bad guy flier should be named Baron Nasty von Nasty in the loudspeaker running commentary. He adopted that. He also used my idea of a cherry bomb wrapped in some solder to make "Archie" explosions up by the planes as they flew over.

But this was more than half a fargin century ago. I haven't heard anything since I moved away, so I dunno how his Jenny wound up in Texas. He prolly isn't even there anymore.
Some Long Island History cool!

Latest posts

Back