The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1440.JPG
IMG_1438.JPG

keep in mind this is one of 4 sides...we slung a lot of lumber today...this is a small ant nest we uncovered, geez they looked like a box of rice puffs was slung all over...tomorrow anything I wanna keep in my yard will be secured...getting slammed by the storm seems pretty imminent...

@boo -- You've done your best, bro.

Do you have any treats stashed for Dutch and Ivan? They are gonna be scared.

And I am glad you did not attempt putting up that blue ton of wood by yourself... that'd be a killer, no error.

LATE ADD: Is that gargoyle (?) over the rear door on tight enough? Should you take it down?

Last edited:
View attachment 309673View attachment 309674
keep in mind this is one of 4 sides...we slung a lot of lumber today...this is a small ant nest we uncovered, geez they looked like a box of rice puffs was slung all over...tomorrow anything I wanna keep in my yard will be secured...getting slammed by the storm seems pretty imminent...
Already an "OH Shit" day for the ants..........................

Good luck to everyone in the path! Sending good thoughts and prayers.......................

Good job @boo! A little preplanning and preparation trumps luck, good thoughts, and prayers virtually every time.

Walt, boo, and all Floridians up in here we're watching and sending good positive vibes and prayers your way ...

My daughter-in-law is from New Oileans and loves to cook .. she made my wife this super rich cake that we took to Texas Roadhouse where my wife wanted to eat at for her birthday and ate only a third of it and then shared it with all of the neighboring tables ..

Triple layer (2 vanilla and 1 strawberry) with homemade butter cream and fresh strawberries in the middle, topped with Chocolate covered Strawberries.

Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 06-39-39 Facebook.png

View attachment 309673View attachment 309674
Good luck with the storm boo. you are in my thoughts every time I see that storm coming. We use to have to prepare every year for the storms just east of you on the coast when I lived there. I too always refused to evacuate. My hubby always tried to talk me into it saying it wasn’t worth it to stick around. We had no kids living with us just the cats and dogs and I like you thought it would be better for us to stick around our old house in case we could save anything. I did have a dream tho of being that woman clinging to the top of a windy tree in the rain holding my cat 😆.
I will keep you and those in the path in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with the pups too. Not easy getting dogs to p&P in the flood and keeping them calm and burning that puppy energy in the house will be a real task. Take care friend 🥰

Boo,,keep an eye out for Hippie. With your windows covered it's going to be dark. Easy to steal your toothbrush.😁
They are at the itchy stage, but I've got my sites set on a certain smart asses toothbrush in Texass..........:)

I think I'm going through my second childhood. In the morning, if I have a successful bowel movement, I clap my hands, yell YAY!, and tell myself I'm a good boy.

They are at the itchy stage, but I've got my sites set on a certain smart asses toothbrush in Texass..........:)

I think I'm going through my second childhood. In the morning, if I have a successful bowel movement, I clap my hands, yell YAY!, and tell myself I'm a good boy.
I praise Ivan for doing the same... ;)

Latest posts

Back