The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have though about a generac for long time.....just can't seem to pull the triger.
I think for the $ it is a good deal
When we had huricane sandy i had loaned a 1 kw Honda generator to run hotwater and a ref.
He wound up buying a 3kw Honda gas a real nice unit .It wasnt cheap and at that point i had to install a 6 circuit gen tran transfer switch $ 350. It was not much less than a generac .And its gas and gas goes bad. My generator has 54 hours on it running 10 minutes a week exercising itself.I also have a honda 1kw and a 2kw .I love Hondas

I have though about a generac for long time.....just can't seem to pull the triger.
That's next on my list after a new roof. The old one still holds water, but it's starting to look a bit shabby, and I know it's only gonna be time before it leaks. Got a guy I know working up a price on dimensional shingles and a steel roof.

For my motorheads; Whatcha think about Interstate batteries? I spent $150 on one for the Rolls at Wallymart. After a couple of months, it wouldn't take a charge. Took it back, and they said they'd try. Called me half an hour after I got home and told me it's toast and to come pick up a new one. Had that one for six months and never left it hooked up incase something was draining it. Trickle charged it once every couple of weeks. It died. It was the same month and year as the last one. The Old Hen took it back when she went shopping. Before she left the store, they called her and said the second one was toast. This time they gave me one from a new batch with a 9-22 sticker on it. I guess time will tell. I've always had good luck with 'em, but not this time.

Good morning people. I have taken the dogs out had my breakfast and spent way too much time letting Ivan bite me. His little needle toe teeth really do a number on my big toe. The storm is going to hit land today and they say around midnight we are going to be hammered with wind and torrential rains. The rains began last night and my house is high and dry so I am not overly concerned about the typical flooding. I’ve already got a call from one of my friends asking to spend the night. I love Mark but he will eat up all my food and smoke all of my dope if I let him… it appears the eye of the storm is going to shift well south of me but there’s no guarantees it doesn’t turn left and smack me right in the kisser… I truly appreciate all the concerns, so far all is well over here and I do believe I am prepared for what comes my way
Just got the latest -- The fargin storm is sliding right between @boo and Your Humble Obdn't &tc.

Didn't/won't touch either of us except for a shit ton of rain and some "meh" wind.

My road is underwater. And my neighbor's pond about 600' feet away is now common to the road and the canal along his property. Looks like he will get a new infusion of wildlife in his pond. 🐠

That's next on my list after a new roof. The old one still holds water, but it's starting to look a bit shabby, and I know it's only gonna be time before it leaks. Got a guy I know working up a price on dimensional shingles and a steel roof.

For my motorheads; Whatcha think about Interstate batteries? I spent $150 on one for the Rolls at Wallymart. After a couple of months, it wouldn't take a charge. Took it back, and they said they'd try. Called me half an hour after I got home and told me it's toast and to come pick up a new one. Had that one for six months and never left it hooked up incase something was draining it. Trickle charged it once every couple of weeks. It died. It was the same month and year as the last one. The Old Hen took it back when she went shopping. Before she left the store, they called her and said the second one was toast. This time they gave me one from a new batch with a 9-22 sticker on it. I guess time will tell. I've always had good luck with 'em, but not this time.
Just got a quote on a new roof. Guy said there costs have gone up 25% over the past year.

I’ve got a 20 hp Honda generator run by 500 gallons of LP gas in my two tanks. Wind is getting loud but tonight it’s supposed to be serious…smoking peanut butter strain…different stuff, not my own…so far, life is good

Ok Im not a motor head.I have a Brother who is a mechanic with his own shop .He maintained 150 vans for a handicapped company I did work for 35 years . I asked your question that you asked and he replied it is not the same battery. Costco and Walmart batteries have less cranking amps per hour than the ones auto parts or gas stations get . as per Tony!

Ok Im not a motor head.I have a Brother who is a mechanic with his own shop .He maintained 150 vans for a handicapped company I did work for 35 years . I asked your question that you asked and he replied it is not the same battery. Costco and Walmart batteries have less cranking amps per hour than the ones auto parts or gas stations get . as per Tony!

Just got the latest -- The fargin storm is sliding right between @boo and Your Humble Obdn't &tc.

Didn't/won't touch either of us except for a shit ton of rain and some "meh" wind.

My road is underwater. And my neighbor's pond about 600' feet away is now common to the road and the canal along his property. Looks like he will get a new infusion of wildlife in his pond. 🐠
Be safe walt

I think for the $ it is a good deal
When we had huricane sandy i had loaned a 1 kw Honda generator to run hotwater and a ref.
He wound up buying a 3kw Honda gas a real nice unit .It wasnt cheap and at that point i had to install a 6 circuit gen tran transfer switch $ 350. It was not much less than a generac .And its gas and gas goes bad. My generator has 54 hours on it running 10 minutes a week exercising itself.I also have a honda 1kw and a 2kw .I love Hondas
Like Hippie I have other thing that need to come first. New carpet, new siding and new furnace.

You and Boo stay online if you can or check in on a regular basis.....this is a mean b-itch.
Same thing when you buy electronics. Check the model numbers. Cheaper model.
Patwi, I just looked and you have no link for a pm so you have it turned off on your end.
?....ha ha

Balls of steel ,Like the Men here
1664403532053.png

Awright, as I am typing this, the wind at Boo's house is 65mph coming down from the North. <-- This is what @boo meant about if yer gonna get hit, it's better to get backhanded.

I'm on the other side of the coin. I'm glad I tooken my flagpole in from the street, becuz as I type this, the wind at Himself's abode is 60mph from the SOUTH.

Kewl, eh?

What you are lookin' at here, Pilgrims, is a classic 7-10 split. The ball got everybody inna middle (eg: Yeehaw Junction is Ground Zerio), but we are busy skatin'. Unca and Boo be hard to kill.

For ole timey Floriduh boys, 65mph just means the water's too rough to go out fishin'.

Latest posts

Back