The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the fk. I'd be kicking someone's ass for giving me shit about raking pine out of the street in front of my house. What a crock of shit. Fking assholes.
He would be going home with an ass full of pine straw.
By the way,,isn't pine straw acidic? I've never seen anything grow worth a crap under pine straw in east Texas.
Yes, high in tannic acid, so probably good for weed control around established vegetation. Same with wood chips.

What the fk. I'd be kicking someone's ass for giving me shit about raking pine out of the street in front of my house. What a crock of shit. Fking assholes.
He would be going home with an ass full of pine straw.
By the way,,isn't pine straw acidic? I've never seen anything grow worth a crap under pine straw in east Texas.
Well it’s not in front of my house they don’t want me raking, it’s the street in front of their house Just to make that clear. So I guess the question is about the pine on the street in front of the neighbors houses.
I find pine is a beautiful cover for all my flowerbeds and the flowers pop up just like they are suppose to. i have hundreds of flowers that pop up all year thanks to the man who lived here before me. I don’t use pine in my vegetable garden but do find it the perfect beautiful covering for my bushes and flowerbeds. I like it much better than wood chips

I don't have pines around my house so I'm good with leaves for mulch.
I do use pin oak leaves in my garden When I see a nice pin oak tree in somebody’s yard that just raked and left their bags on the street, I sometimes pick them up to use in the garden. I guess I am kindof a leaf and pine thief come to think of it 😂

Morning, like Hopper said pine straw is actidic and not good for mulch around grass. I mulch mowall leaves. Full of nutrients that grass likes. Like a free fertilization.

No open burning in the city here unless in a fire pit or you get a permit. Pretty much a stare wide law with the constant drought conditions here.

I put grass mulch in my garden once....never again....had grass growing in it.

I’m still learning my city manners after moving here two years ago. I usually rake some of the pine that has fallen in the street for my flowerbeds as I love the look and see so much of it on my walk and bike ride. The fresh pine is free and looks a lot better than the pine you buy in bales. Turns out, some folks get mad when they see me raking the street as I’m guessing they had plans for the street hay as well. I only Take the hay on the street, not their yards. Now I go behind this funeral home near my house and rake it from the city property full of pine trees where nobody can see me. So I ask, is taking pine from the street in front of one’s house stealing? My first year here an old guy came out of his yard and said “that’s my damn pine straw”. I relinquish all I had collected from the street that morning to his flowerbed and sent an apology note. Two weeks later, he came to my door with two bags of straw and apologized himself. Although I was glad to have made up with that guy, I wonder if it’s not appropriate to rake the pine from the streets. It is usually just left there to rot. Thoughts? I live in an old established neighborhood from the early 60s with every kind of tree imaginable.
Wow I thought Long Islanders were uptite !

Morning, like Hopper said pine straw is actidic and not good for mulch around grass. I mulch mowall leaves. Full of nutrients that grass likes. Like a free fertilization.

No open burning in the city here unless in a fire pit or you get a permit. Pretty much a stare wide law with the constant drought conditions here.
I put grass mulch in my garden once....never again....had grass growing in it.
I have a blue pine that the grass never grows under on one side of it
What do I need to add to the section of lawn under this tree for the grass to be a healthy green again? I have used lime in the past is there anything better to use now after a drought?

I do use pin oak leaves in my garden When I see a nice pin oak tree in somebody’s yard that just raked and left their bags on the street, I sometimes pick them up to use in the garden. I guess I am kindof a leaf and pine thief come to think of it 😂
they have groups that can help you, realizing you have a problem is the first step....

What do I need to add to the section of lawn under this tree for the grass to be a healthy green again? I have used lime in the past is there anything better to use now after a drought?
cal-mag is the first thing i thought of....

Cut it down. Grass has a hard time under a pine tree.

https://plantophiles.com/gardening/how-to-grow-grass-under-pine-trees/
but I would cover the underside of that pine with beautiful pine straw
27F6330A-ECC5-4E6E-BA1F-1473C3502361.jpeg

Latest posts

Back