The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1664750920858.png

just spent the last 4 hours in the vet emergency hospital...I found young Ivan in the driveway having a seizure...scared the bejesus out of me...900 dollars and they can't figure out what's going on...he's fine now, he even went after a cat while in the hospital...he's gonna be a handful...gonna bring him to the vet for more bloodwork and tests...little fella is a trooper...wow, what a week it's been for me...

i think we are able to make qwet or bho under a dollar a gram , zero cost on the herbs does that
It was the hashish that was costly. Not that bad, just wouldnt be viable to sell, which I dont. All for me!

Like I said, if you give the weed used to make the hash a value of 150.00/OZ, (random, just to show how much it takes, like you said, no cost as I grow it) it works out to 50 plus per gram. Kinda expensive, But it is delicious!, The QWET I never calculated. I do a couple oz of bud at the time for QWET, maybe 4 for the hash. This makes a batch the lasts me a while.

Bubba

Fingers crossed for your pup. Might have ate something while you looked away for a nano second.
The first thing they did was to induce vomiting to see what was in the system and there was nothing. I thought he might’ve eaten an old rat bait block. They ran toxicology test and a couple others and they all came back negative. It was really weird seeing him with his eyes rolling around in his head and twitching but he’s fine now so I will keep a keen eye on him and what he does.

Gong to try frozen pineapple instead of strawberrys going to ry it with strawberries but my commander likes pineapple !
No no no no... the pineapple balances the strawberries. MUST have them together.

Think chocolate. Then think chocolate and cherries. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

What you get just adds the best of both pineapple and strawberries, plus lime and rum. All go together. Try it before you modify it.
--------------------------------------------------

BTW: Logically, we can accept there must be one food which is the worst of any other food for cholesterol. Well, that is correct thinking. That food (*sigh*) is coconut.

Guess who loves Mounds bars. Fortunately, a pina colada pales into insignificance before an Islamorada Colada for tiptop yummy. <-- No coconut juice in the IC.

Last edited:
No no no no... the pineapple balances the strawberries. MUST have them together.

Think chocolate. Then think chocolate and cherries. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

What you get just adds the best of both pineapple and strawberries, plus lime and rum. All go together. Try it before you modify it.
--------------------------------------------------

BTW: Logically, we can accept there must be one food which is the worst of any other food for cholesterol. Well, that is correct thinking. That food (*sigh*) is coconut.

Guess who loves Mounds bars. Fortunately, a pina colada pales into insignificance before an Islamorada Colada. <-- No coconut juice in the IC.
Oh no, I thought coconut was a "beneficial" fat. I eat lots of it and the oil too.

Bubba

You mean kidney stones?
More likely bezoar stones.

In the Middle Ages, when someone was executed, their guts were opened and checked for bezoar stones; they were considered to be medicinally effective against plague and the like.
1664758140316.png

You can get them from goats and cows, too... but the magic just is not there, per the thinkers of the Dark Ages...

Last edited:
The first thing they did was to induce vomiting to see what was in the system and there was nothing. I thought he might’ve eaten an old rat bait block. They ran toxicology test and a couple others and they all came back negative. It was really weird seeing him with his eyes rolling around in his head and twitching but he’s fine now so I will keep a keen eye on him and what he does.
Damn Boo, sorry to hear. What a rollercoaster ride. Hope things are ok.

I was more afraid he'd gobbled a lizard that he shouldn't have.

I had Vlad, my biggest Borzoi, do the same thing. If I hadn't seen him a little while beforehand with a toad in his mouth, he'd have gone straight to emergency. He never chomped on a toad again.

Jeez. @boo -- I just caught up to this... Haven't read further yet, but damn...

You've had an awful week. So sorry, brother.

But I gotta spit out my trivia: The reaction of Ivan sounds exactly like what happens when a doggie gets ahold of a bufo toad.

I've seen this twice. 50% fatalities. <-- and your doggie as described sounds just "baby" enough to find and bite one. And young/tough enough to barely squeak by.

More Unca Trivia: Bufo toads go nuts in soaking rainy weather -- reproducing, invading new areas (like Florida's Own Mountain Range), and being aggressive.

Read this attachment... You will be both relieved and upset. Relieved that if Ivan got through it, he'll recover. But bufos are fargin everywhere, and Ivan had better have learned his lesson or maybe he won't get away with it the second time.

I'm sorta surprised that dudes at the vet joint didn't tumble to this right off. Toxicology tests may not pick up the white slime bufo poison if they don't look specifically for it. Just sayin'.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/13/toxic-toads-invading-south-florida-can-kill-pets/
I'd call you onna phone right now to tell you... but my birthday comes up on November 22, and I'd like to live to see it.

Last edited:
just spent the last 4 hours in the vet emergency hospital...I found young Ivan in the driveway having a seizure...scared the bejesus out of me...900 dollars and they can't figure out what's going on...he's fine now, he even went after a cat while in the hospital...he's gonna be a handful...gonna bring him to the vet for more bloodwork and tests...little fella is a trooper...wow, what a week it's been for me...
Oh no! Sending good thoughts and prayers for the pup brother!
It was the hashish that was costly. Not that bad, just wouldnt be viable to sell, which I dont. All for me!

Like I said, if you give the weed used to make the hash a value of 150.00/OZ, (random, just to show how much it takes, like you said, no cost as I grow it) it works out to 50 plus per gram. Kinda expensive, But it is delicious!, The QWET I never calculated. I do a couple oz of bud at the time for QWET, maybe 4 for the hash. This makes a batch the lasts me a while.

Bubba
Yield of hash before it starts to green out is about half what you can extract using ethanol to extract. Try sieving or tumbling for hash and then extract the balance with ethanol.

Latest posts

Back