The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just spent the last 4 hours in the vet emergency hospital...I found young Ivan in the driveway having a seizure...scared the bejesus out of me...900 dollars and they can't figure out what's going on...he's fine now, he even went after a cat while in the hospital...he's gonna be a handful...gonna bring him to the vet for more bloodwork and tests...little fella is a trooper...wow, what a week it's been for me...
https://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/neurological/c_dg_seizures_convulsions

The first thing they did was to induce vomiting to see what was in the system and there was nothing. I thought he might’ve eaten an old rat bait block. They ran toxicology test and a couple others and they all came back negative. It was really weird seeing him with his eyes rolling around in his head and twitching but he’s fine now so I will keep a keen eye on him and what he does.
I’m so sorry to hear about little Ivan’s seizure. I have a friend that has a GSD that started having them when he was little and has to be on meds for it. It must have been scary watching such a thing. Hopefully this was just a fluke thing (that the breeder didn’t know about). You have had a heck of a week boo. Hopefully things will calm down and you get to the bottom of what’s going on with him.💕

My last Schnauzer was 14yrs old when we found out he had throat cancer,,,,before he started having seizures. It was horrible watching him. He would wake me up 2 or 3 in the morning with them and what was even worse was blood was coming out of his mouth from the tumor. I finally had him put down. I cried like a baby. He was my best friend. His name was Buster Brown. He stuck to me like glue. Slept at my feet.
Now I have another Schnauzer that is about 5yrs old and his name is Charlie Brown.
I am real careful about the food he eats and he has only been dipped 3 times in his life.
I hate those god damn pesticides and flea collars.

Last edited:
Good morning

I miss my Barney

42B8EDA0-8C4F-4768-A874-019EE71406C7.jpeg

The first thing they did was to induce vomiting to see what was in the system and there was nothing. I thought he might’ve eaten an old rat bait block. They ran toxicology test and a couple others and they all came back negative. It was really weird seeing him with his eyes rolling around in his head and twitching but he’s fine now so I will keep a keen eye on him and what he does.
Im so sorry Boo, it can be anything at this point and it will be a wait and see at this time.
Im happy that Ivan recovered and was able to go home with you. Some Puppies have a seizure and never have another
and other times it will be a medical problem that needs Meds.
Can I inquire how long the siezure lasted from when you found him until he snapped back out of it, and was he totally unresponsive or still awake at all? Petit or Grand mal seizures? Grand mal is fully unresponsive and body shaking and jumping in full seizure mode?
The test will reveal more info hopefully and I pray it is just a one time thing.

Well it’s not in front of my house they don’t want me raking, it’s the street in front of their house Just to make that clear. So I guess the question is about the pine on the street in front of the neighbors houses.
I find pine is a beautiful cover for all my flowerbeds and the flowers pop up just like they are suppose to. i have hundreds of flowers that pop up all year thanks to the man who lived here before me. I don’t use pine in my vegetable garden but do find it the perfect beautiful covering for my bushes and flowerbeds. I like it much better than wood chips

Azaleas and gardenias thrive under pine trees .. we have 7 gardenias that bloom at the same time of the year and it makes the yard smell like a french wh.orehouse .. love it. .. the inderground creatures love the azaleas roots so we quit growing them but they really do great in pine needles .

And I'm like weedhopper, no pine trees in my yard .. they are killers . When we bought this place 27 years ago it had about 30 pine trees on it .. within two weeks they were all chopped down .

Last edited:
Stupid delivery folk! Hopefully this isn't still just setting there! Wanna try new rig!
Get used to it. That's the way a lot of places have been doing for a year or more. I order a lot of crap online, and it seems like I get a shipping label announcement two or three days before they ever bother to ship the damned thing. Cali and New York are the absolute worst as far as shipping times go. I've ordered shit from China and got it quicker.

Latest posts

Back