The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning folks, happy thanksgiving…I’m at the hospital waiting for young Ivan to be released…poor fella was shaved for surgery, he’s gonna look so sad…luckily I have all the time in the world to care for him…the down side to this is I have to drive 80 miles daily to have the bandages changed if there’s gonna be a chance to save his tail…thanks for all the well wishes, he’s got a long road to recovery but we’re up for the challenge

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
ditto
Good morning folks, happy thanksgiving…I’m at the hospital waiting for young Ivan to be released…poor fella was shaved for surgery, he’s gonna look so sad…luckily I have all the time in the world to care for him…the down side to this is I have to drive 80 miles daily to have the bandages changed if there’s gonna be a chance to save his tail…thanks for all the well wishes, he’s got a long road to recovery but we’re up for the challenge
WISH YOU BOTH THE BEST ....

Get well soon Sir Ivan the Terrible
1669305159835.png

Boo
We may not always see things eye to eye
But we share our Love of Dogs & Animals .

I started school to become a Veterinary Doctor.
because of this.
Never did become a Vet, but I was able help a lot of humans.
I want Ivan to have a safe speedy recovery.
Happy Thanksgiving
If you need help with gas money let me know also.

young Ivan is at home and resting...dutch is very bothered by Ivans smell and looks...he's in good spirits and melts in my hands when I caress his little face...he's on very limited action for the next 6 weeks...most vets would have put Ivan down but Blue Pearl is the best...they loved him and made him feel comfortable while in their care...thank you all for the kind words...Ivan is the focal point in my life for the next 6 weeks, and then forever...
IMG_1598.JPG

young Ivan is at home and resting...dutch is very bothered by Ivans smell and looks...he's in good spirits and melts in my hands when I caress his little face...he's on very limited action for the next 6 weeks...most vets would have put Ivan down but Blue Pearl is the best...they loved him and made him feel comfortable while in their care...thank you all for the kind words...Ivan is the focal point in my life for the next 6 weeks, and then forever...View attachment 313856
I wanted to ask do you know the name of the procedure they performed on his hip?
Was it full replacement or repaired the damage for now?

young Ivan is at home and resting...dutch is very bothered by Ivans smell and looks...he's in good spirits and melts in my hands when I caress his little face...he's on very limited action for the next 6 weeks...most vets would have put Ivan down but Blue Pearl is the best...they loved him and made him feel comfortable while in their care...thank you all for the kind words...Ivan is the focal point in my life for the next 6 weeks, and then forever...View attachment 313856
So glad he’s home with his dad and brother. Dutch will come around after that vet smell goes away he’s curious I’m sure. 💕

I think we all do .Its his pup but we are Ivans family too

Soooo glad to see Ivan home with his pack brother! GS are tough machines with an indomitable spirit as long as they feel like an esteemed and appreciated member of the pack.

I'm guessing that holding him back until he heals will be your next challenge.

Alas, we once lost Angelique, a six-month-old female daughter GS by the US Grand Champion Ice Breaker and granddaughter of the US and Canadian Grand Victress to a taxicab in front of our house and we still grieve for her.

THE TRAIN:
At birth we boarded the train and met our parents, and we believe they will always travel by our side. As time goes by, other people will board the train; and they will be significant i.e. our siblings, friends, children, strangers and even the love of your life. However, at some station our parents will step down from the train, leaving us on this journey alone. Others will step down over time and leave a permanent vacuum. Some, however, will go so unnoticed that we don't realize they vacated their seats. This train ride will be full of joy, sorrow, fantasy, expectations, hellos, goodbyes, and farewells. Success consists of having a good relationship with all passengers requiring that we give the best of ourselves.
The mystery to everyone is: We do not know at which station we ourselves will step down. So, we must live in the best way, love, forgive, and offer the best of who we are. It is important to do this because when the time comes for us to step down and leave our seat empty we should leave behind beautiful memories for those who will continue to travel on the train of life.
I wish you a joyful journey for the coming years on your train of life. Reap success, give lots of love and be happy. More importantly, thank God for the journey!
Lastly, I want to thank you for being one of the passengers on my train!
❤️

THE TRAIN:
At birth we boarded the train and met our parents, and we believe they will always travel by our side. As time goes by, other people will board the train; and they will be significant i.e. our siblings, friends, children, strangers and even the love of your life. However, at some station our parents will step down from the train, leaving us on this journey alone. Others will step down over time and leave a permanent vacuum. Some, however, will go so unnoticed that we don't realize they vacated their seats. This train ride will be full of joy, sorrow, fantasy, expectations, hellos, goodbyes, and farewells. Success consists of having a good relationship with all passengers requiring that we give the best of ourselves.
The mystery to everyone is: We do not know at which station we ourselves will step down. So, we must live in the best way, love, forgive, and offer the best of who we are. It is important to do this because when the time comes for us to step down and leave our seat empty we should leave behind beautiful memories for those who will continue to travel on the train of life.
I wish you a joyful journey for the coming years on your train of life. Reap success, give lots of love and be happy. More importantly, thank God for the journey!
Lastly, I want to thank you for being one of the passengers on my train!
❤️
lt2.gif

Latest posts

Back