The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C1932B31-55F1-4BC4-891B-5BDA78195DA1.gif

here is to a Groovy Day

morning folks, back from the hospital with Ivan, what a tough guy the little squirt is... he’s happily laying at my feet on the back porch. I’ve taken off that lampshade collar because he’s not a tour but I did order one of those inflatable rings for his neck so we can maintain good bandages just in case. I pretty much can’t leave him alone for the next week so I am pretty certain it’s gonna be a slow time for me. And they changed his dressings on his tail and his foot today and the doctor remarked that his tail seems to be coming along quite well. I’m glad I stood my ground and refused to let them amputate it as they wanted to.

morning folks, back from the hospital with Ivan, what a tough guy the little squirt is... he’s happily laying at my feet on the back porch. I’ve taken off that lampshade collar because he’s not a tour but I did order one of those inflatable rings for his neck so we can maintain good bandages just in case. I pretty much can’t leave him alone for the next week so I am pretty certain it’s gonna be a slow time for me. And they changed his dressings on his tail and his foot today and the doctor remarked that his tail seems to be coming along quite well. I’m glad I stood my ground and refused to let them amputate it as they wanted to.
Nothing wrong with a little crook in the tail. Glad to hear all is going well.

thanks kev, we're not talking about a crook in the tail, it was fileted open completely...all the bone was exposed and the skin was off the tail...the skilled surgeons at Blue Pearl are amazing with what they can do with damage such as this...trauma centers rarely save a tail, they are supposed to fix and move on, not rebuild a tail...I get pretty heated when the wanted to amputate, not on my Ivan...

OUT-fargin-STANDING!!

You tole me how torn apart his tail was... I'm gonna haveta just state those veterinarian surgeons are working hard, and being damn' skillful while doing it.

A quote: "A tail on a GS is like a hand on a man."

God'll get ya, Boo, for throwing expense caution into the wind for Ivan. You are the original tough hombre with a supersoft heart. [salutes]

My Scottish Witch just wandered in. She read the above, and said:

"I like him. He seems very caring."

Latest posts

Back