The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning Old farts. I can help big out till he gets here with the coffee girls.
BA0887D8-A197-4CCC-8944-3ABFC4F40F8E.jpeg

Good morning, I’ve been hanging out since 6 o’clock this morning with young Ivan and he is no longer whimpering as he gets up. I had to tape a baggie to his foot this morning in order to keep the bandage dry when he went outside to go pee… I just tried hooking up a plug and play monitor and of course with my luck I plug, but get no play so I’m using my phone. I appreciate all the kind words and prayers for Ivan. He is the consummate trooper. On a very positive note, I see him trying to wag his tail, which is a miracle in itself.

Here's a WWII sekrit. Taught to me by my Unca Harry of Omaha Beach fame in our Fambly:

See that rolled edge on the canteen cup? That would hold heat longer than the cup itself... so you'd burn your lip on coffee that wasn't too hot at all. The GI's would get around this by cutting out a small section of the rolled metal just where yout phiz would touch the canteen cup.

Howzat fer trivia you would never have known? Now you are stuck with thinking about it every time you see a canteen cup. (*evil cackle*)

Attachments

• 1669475143082.png
    1669475143082.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
Here's a WWII sekrit. Taught to me by my Unca Harry of Omaha Beach fame in our Fambly:

See that rolled edge on the canteen cup? That would hold heat longer than the cup itself... so you'd burn your lip on coffee that wasn't too hot at all. The GI's would get around this by cutting out a small section of the rolled metal just where yout phiz would touch the canteen cup.

Howzat fer trivia you would never have known? Now you are stuck with thinking about it every time you see a canteen cup. (*evil cackle*)
I needed this fact in my life Walt. Will think of you when I see a canteen cup and be super excited to find one with the bonus cut out phiz hole. I’ll be sure to teach whomever I’m with what it is too. 😊

I spoke to Patwi earlier today and he’s doing well, just a little overloaded on the Internet so he’s taking a break… I was putting up a very large pot roast I cooked earlier in the week, and it didn’t take much for Ivan to drag his carcass into the kitchen for goodies.

you mean supper dont you

dinner was served around noon , you know , a few hours past breakfast

just ask Stain , breakfast , dinner , and supper

some dam yankee tried to mess this all up after the Civil War
We always called lunch Dinner which was the main meal of the day. Supper was the evening meal...then the family moved to Kan-sas. Now Iive in Colorado and we woke up. Can't even vote properly.

Wife and I passed our 45th anniversary yesterday, .. it's all good .. it made me think of how that daily downpour from the world had layered a crustily crunchy outlook from me concerning most of the human population. .... then I wandered into longing for that preteen. wide eyed and virtually all accepting view I had enjoyed of the world at that early point in my life .. . Life is good guys

Balance is what my wife is to me ..

you mean supper dont you

Breakfast, dinner, and supper where I grew up in Oklahoma. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner here in the Pacific NW.
Wife and I passed our 45th anniversary yesterday, .. it's all good .. it made me think of how that daily downpour from the world had layered a crustily crunchy outlook from me concerning most of the human population. .... then I wandered into longing for that preteen. wide eyed and virtually all accepting view I had enjoyed of the world at that early point in my life .. . Life is good guys

Balance is what my wife is to me ..

Congratulations on 45 years brother! Grayfox brings balance to our relationship as well.....................

you mean supper dont you

Not this yankee!
I believe in breakfast ,second breakfast lunch ,supper. dinner, desert and snacks which has it own subcategories.
All of the events mentioned can be at any time during the day.

I spoke to Patwi earlier today and he’s doing well, just a little overloaded on the Internet so he’s taking a break… I was putting up a very large pot roast I cooked earlier in the week, and it didn’t take much for Ivan to drag his carcass into the kitchen for goodies.
pot roast gets everyones attention...

Latest posts

Back