The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am all outa breath, both from exhaustion and from HAPPY 🥰😍😀

My new crossbow target arrived! I no longer have to hammer the bolt/arrows out. They pull out easily. But that is not the Big Story.

I got crazy-bold and set up the target at 50 yards instead of 30. My first shot at the new target: NAILED the "9-ball" right on the number 9!

Note how the bolt/arrow is NOT fletch-deep, YAY!.

View attachment 314155

I had been worried that I might not hit the dang target at all, since my longest shot with my new crossbow to date was 30 yards. So I got froggy and set the distance to 75 yards (225 feet). Used a different side of the target. It is a life-sized picture of the "Boiler Room" of a deer (you can see the white belly, legs, and neck portions). This is what happened:

View attachment 314156

Then I got sooper froggy, and tried free-standing without my homemade shooting sticks at 75 yards... all the while puffing and panting like an 82-year old geezer running back and forth (fargin target weighs about 40 pounds, and re-re-re-reloading the crossbow is not something you do a lot of before you go out hunting. (*shaky-wheezy*)

Nevertheless fired (*pant, wheeze, puf*) three times freestanding. ALL THREE shots were in the Boiler Room at 75 yards!!

View attachment 314157
a silent killer

Surgery number three will go down tomorrow at noon. The doctor has great faith that he is going to save Ivins tail, at least 18 inches of it. There is a necrotic spot 6 inches from the end so they’re going to go in tomorrow and see what they can do to save it. This is a picture of Ivan sporting his new collar to stop him from licking the wounds. He hasn’t yet licked anything, but I would dread seeing him on the floor with bandages everywhere. I spoke with the University of Florida veterinarian college this morning and I’m awaiting their reply as to when they will be able to replace Ivan’s hip and the top of his femur. I wish I was as tough as this little guy is.

Attachments

• D11AEC36-4D2C-40E9-A796-3E8FD09F39E2.jpeg
    D11AEC36-4D2C-40E9-A796-3E8FD09F39E2.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
@Hippie420... Well slap the dog and spit in the fire......Hippie is back from assignment. Good to have you back my friend. Hope you are doing well. No more vacation time for you. You have been missed.
Thanks, Pute. Trust me, I'd much rather have been here. Ain't back to a full set of sails, but it's coming.

smoking some ultimate og this evening….it is hells angels og x triangle og and is very stoney and tasty , smooth too , not much lung expansion

goes good with some Italian coffee and homemade pumpkin pie with whipped cream
What does yours stink like? Mine is damn pungent.

Bubba

if anyone wouldn't mind, please say a prayer for Ivan, he was run over by a truck earlier and is in surgery at the moment...he'll survive but in what condition...exposed bone in the foot, crushed tail, and dislocated hip is what's visible prior to a CT scan along with severe bruising on the abdomen...
You have it brother!

Bubba

morning everybody, letting everybody sleep in means more coffee for me. yes i started drinking coffee again. do you know a sailor that doesn't love their coffee? i think i'll get the wife a new coffee maker, it took over 30 minutes to make a pot. brother boo, still got you and the pup on top brother.
Get an aerobee. My coffee machine hasn't been used since I bought it. With boiling water it takes about a couple minutes. I keep the pan warming for the next cup.

It's like a French press, but the bottom is removable. When done, remove filter piece and squirt out the old coffee and filter, rinse, ready to go

Bubba

Good morning folks, happy thanksgiving…I’m at the hospital waiting for young Ivan to be released…poor fella was shaved for surgery, he’s gonna look so sad…luckily I have all the time in the world to care for him…the down side to this is I have to drive 80 miles daily to have the bandages changed if there’s gonna be a chance to save his tail…thanks for all the well wishes, he’s got a long road to recovery but we’re up for the challenge
I would do the same. Anything to get them back home. Plus, my vet knows I will follow all their protocols to the letter, so they will usually allow me to take them home. I know what to watch for, don't want my fur babies away if I can help it.

Bubba

I made it back home once again with Ivan and he is going to have surgery
0E42B4E7-2AC7-4DF2-8C04-060236C02139.jpeg
once again on his tail tomorrow. The vet seems a little disturbed that I’ve challenged him personally about saving Ivan’s tail. I told him that he was in the hospital that did healing practice and not a triage unit that cut off the dead meat to get the next patient on the table. When it comes to my dogs, I don’t have a filter. A happier note I finally took down my Putang cross plant and ended up with 7.79 ounces of dried flowers that smell ridiculous.

I made it back home once again with Ivan and he is going to have surgeryView attachment 314169 once again on his tail tomorrow. The vet seems a little disturbed that I’ve challenged him personally about saving Ivan’s tail. I told him that he was in the hospital that did healing practice and not a triage unit that cut off the dead meat to get the next patient on the table. When it comes to my dogs, I don’t have a filter. A happier note I finally took down my Putang cross plant and ended up with 7.79 ounces of dried flowers that smell ridiculous.
Good luck with Ivan's tail brother! Sending prayers and healing thoughts!

Gooode morning brothers and sisters! Hugs all around!
bigarmhug.gif
Passing left..........
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Latest posts

Back