The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1669759727613.png

We just got back from the hospital and I have been informed that Ivan is going to need to be seen twice a week for the next eight weeks and it sounds like they’re going to sedate him and work on his tail every Friday. He’s quite a tough little puppy to be dealing with this as well as he is, there’s a great possibility that the last third of his tail might have to be taken because there’s nothing but bone there… I was told that I physically threatened the triage surgeon when he said he was going to amputate the tail, I don’t remember saying that, but I don’t doubt that I did… obviously the threat worked because he still has his tail. I really appreciate all the kind sentiments for my little man, he’s got a long road to travel before he’s right.

We just got back from the hospital and I have been informed that Ivan is going to need to be seen twice a week for the next eight weeks and it sounds like they’re going to sedate him and work on his tail every Friday. He’s quite a tough little puppy to be dealing with this as well as he is, there’s a great possibility that the last third of his tail might have to be taken because there’s nothing but bone there… I was told that I physically threatened the triage surgeon when he said he was going to amputate the tail, I don’t remember saying that, but I don’t doubt that I did… obviously the threat worked because he still has his tail. I really appreciate all the kind sentiments for my little man, he’s got a long road to travel before he’s right.
HAHA... I can just see it, Ole Papa Dawg with his bullet-riddled kid in his arms:

"Ah don't remember actually threatenin' that medical boy... musta been sumpin' about me mentioning his head up his ass. Not sure if I said about how it would get there..."🔦⚙️🗡️🪠

We rescued a GS Male, whom we named Cisco and which had about half of his tail missing. The vet said it had been incised, but no clue how he lost it.

A wonderful dog, whom didn't know he was missing part of his tail and I actually came up with a story to answer the ongoing questions of what happened to his tail.

I told them that he suffered from separation anxiety, which cost him his last home, and that we tried everything to address it but were unsuccessful until an old Indian told me the secret. Every time I came home and he was glad to see me, I cut off an inch of his tail. Pretty soon he stopped missing me.

DSCN1890.JPG
DSCN2091.JPG

Good morning folks, I’m getting ready to head out for the day. Today I do not have to drive clear across the county with Ivan so I will be able to visit my garden for the first time in a few days. All I can do is hope that there’s still life above the soil line. I am considering shutting down for a while but I don’t know if I can actually pull that off because of my passion for growing, y’all have a wonderful day.

Good morning folks, I’m getting ready to head out for the day. Today I do not have to drive clear across the county with Ivan so I will be able to visit my garden for the first time in a few days. All I can do is hope that there’s still life above the soil line. I am considering shutting down for a while but I don’t know if I can actually pull that off because of my passion for growing, y’all have a wonderful day.
If I lived closer I would say I would come and care for the plants

Good luck with Ivan today boo. I know you have a lot on you right now taking care of that baby 24/7. Hard to squeeze everything in that needs doing…

I sure did, I’m heading out now after not being there for a couple days to see what’s still viable, but I plan on keeping about a dozen special cuts, and just staying up with them rather than trying to grow a sea of green out there. I just don’t have the time to dedicate myself to the big picture, just a dozen strains that are special…this is one of the special ones I took down
D7D398E7-42E6-4F42-86D4-D4794CC94E20.jpeg

I sure did, I’m heading out now after not being there for a couple days to see what’s still viable, but I plan on keeping about a dozen special cuts, and just staying up with them rather than trying to grow a sea of green out there. I just don’t have the time to dedicate myself to the big picture, just a dozen strains that are special…this is one of the special ones I took downView attachment 314286
What flavor is that Boo? I just cut down my first SnowCaine. Smells yummy. Good luck with Ivan. Hoping the best for the both of you.

Pute, that strain is original diesel crossed with grape cream cake. I’ve got about 15 of them and 2 gallon buckets waiting to be thrown in the flower. I just finished taking care of all of the girls and none suffered anything more than a wilting issue so I don’t think I lost anything. all of the beans that I was gifted are looking good, apparently I watered them very heavily when I was out here Sunday… I brought the boys outback with me to spend the afternoon in the garden and before Ivan’s feet could hit the ground. He was trying to run towards the chicken coop and get a hold of that rooster. I’ve decided to put a long lead on him just in case I turn my back and he gets the idea that he wants chicken for dinner.

Pute, that strain is original diesel crossed with grape cream cake. I’ve got about 15 of them and 2 gallon buckets waiting to be thrown in the flower. I just finished taking care of all of the girls and none suffered anything more than a wilting issue so I don’t think I lost anything. all of the beans that I was gifted are looking good, apparently I watered them very heavily when I was out here Sunday… I brought the boys outback with me to spend the afternoon in the garden and before Ivan’s feet could hit the ground. He was trying to run towards the chicken coop and get a hold of that rooster. I’ve decided to put a long lead on him just in case I turn my back and he gets the idea that he wants chicken for dinner.
I like chicken for dinner too...

A pup has his priorities..........................
german-shepherd.gif

Latest posts

Back