The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question for the Old Fart Brain Trust; How do you get the residual glue from surgical tape off your hide? Tried soap and water. Not even. Tried alcohol with the same results. Fingernail polish remover (acetone). Nope. The Old Hen read where Vaseline left to set for 10 minutes would work. Nope. Finally wound up taking a Buck knife and scraping the big spots off, but still not good. Any help?

I can remember a 7 digit number that started with 2 letters and was in the phone book that way. Like hi2 which was 442.
same here itw was HR3 1305 was my home number
I remember picking the phone up and a operator answered
Quick question for the Old Fart Brain Trust; How do you get the residual glue from surgical tape off your hide? Tried soap and water. Not even. Tried alcohol with the same results. Fingernail polish remover (acetone). Nope. The Old Hen read where Vaseline left to set for 10 minutes would work. Nope. Finally wound up taking a Buck knife and scraping the big spots off, but still not good. Any help?
yes i do ! by the time your hair grows 4 inches more it will wear off ( some time mid year 2023)

same here itw was HR3 1305 was my home number
I remember picking the phone up and a operator answered

yes i do ! by the time your hair grows 4 inches more it will wear off ( some time mid year 2023)
Or next full moon, whichever comes first.....

Buys RELIEF FACTOR and BALANCE OF NATURE on TV. Oh, forgot about RELAXIUM SLEEP.
SERUTAN Because Nature's Way Is Best

And Grandma's Lye Soap

1670346619387.png
So tell the story of Grandma's Lye Soap
Good for anything that's in the home...

1670346880445.png
And the sekrit is in the scrubbing:
It doesn't suds, and it doesn't foam!

1670346909610.png
Little Herman and Brother Therman
Had an aversion to washin' their ears,

1670346931399.png
So Grandma scrubbed them with her lye soap,
And they haven't heard a word in years!

It goes on...

Attachments

• 1670346663756.png
    1670346663756.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1670346722706.png
    1670346722706.png
  • 1670346853909.png
    1670346853909.png
SERUTAN Because Nature's Way Is Best

And Grandma's Lye Soap

View attachment 314687So tell the story of Grandma's Lye Soap
Good for anything that's in the home...

View attachment 314691And the sekrit is in the scrubbing:
It doesn't suds, and it doesn't foam!

View attachment 314692Little Herman and Brother Therman
Had an aversion to washin' their ears,

View attachment 314693So Grandma scrubbed them with her lye soap,
And they haven't heard a word in years!

It goes on...
wow i always thought that was a Beatle song ....

I can remember a 7 digit number that started with 2 letters and was in the phone book that way. Like hi2 which was 442.
Call and raise alla youse:

WE had a phone (us kids were never to touch!) It was made of oak, and had a crank. Our place was three rings.

We got a new fangled phone. You picked it up, and a lady said, "Numbah puleeze". Our new fangled phone number was BAldwin 3-4113-J. This one we could touch.

Baby oil.

WD-40 does the job...I use it to remove bandaids from my arms or I remove skin with it...

Goo gone will work but you need to clean it off quick don’t let it seep in your skin

That glue is tougher than crazy glue I had that on me End of June and its now gone .
You need to wash that part of you that has the glue as vigorously as you wash other parts ..... :rolleyes:
Can't. I was instructed on several occasions not to scrub anything. They said to let the water hit it and to blot it only. Stitches from the drain tube haven't fallen out yet, either. Got to go back to the surgeon Thursday. I've made a list of things to ask about, first of which is how I wean myself off of the heart meds.
In the meantime, I'm thinking about having my first beer since the 18th of October.

Can't. I was instructed on several occasions not to scrub anything. They said to let the water hit it and to blot it only. Stitches from the drain tube haven't fallen out yet, either. Got to go back to the surgeon Thursday. I've made a list of things to ask about, first of which is how I wean myself off of the heart meds.
In the meantime, I'm thinking about having my first beer since the 18th of October.
NO! Your alcohol consuming days are over. :angiesfavorite:

Alcohol and caffeine are triggers for A-fib.

Do you want all you went through to be for absolutely fargin NOTHING? Help yourself to a coupla beers. Start your morning with coffee, while you are at it.

Lemme tellya where yer at (feel free to check it with your doc) -- You now have a weakness for going A-fib. The prescriptions you get will -- if you are fortunate -- keep that weakness from coming to the fore again.

Accept this truth: You will never go back to what you used to think of as "normal". Well, you can go back, but you will go down, too. A coupla beers (one), coffee, tea... are now off your list of edibles.

Mebbe your bod useta be the equivalent of a trail bike; bustin' hills, powering through mud, etc. Now it is a big red road machine with windscreen, radio, foot rests, and cruise control. It cannot go off-road like the trail bike.

Treat your newly-acquired bike-bod properly. Or it will fail you quickly.

Walt. Hippie had part of his lung removed and had an AFib episode. Not sure his AFib is permanent.
I have AFib but my Thyroid meds has kept it at bay for along time now.
I drink beer everyday with no problems what so ever. But,,,If i drink hard liquor I'm asking for trouble.

Last edited:
People say I have a drinking problem......funny thing.....I have no problem drinking at all. If I had a choice to either die or stop drinking and smoking pot.....I just thought about that for a few minutes.......I will have to get back to you on that in a couple of years.

Latest posts

Back