The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO! Your alcohol consuming days are over. :angiesfavorite:

Alcohol and caffeine are triggers for A-fib.

Do you want all you went through to be for absolutely fargin NOTHING? Help yourself to a coupla beers. Start your morning with coffee, while you are at it.

Lemme tellya where yer at (feel free to check it with your doc) -- You now have a weakness for going A-fib. The prescriptions you get will -- if you are fortunate -- keep that weakness from coming to the fore again.

Accept this truth: You will never go back to what you used to think of as "normal". Well, you can go back, but you will go down, too. A coupla beers (one), coffee, tea... are now off your list of edibles.

Mebbe your bod useta be the equivalent of a trail bike; bustin' hills, powering through mud, etc. Now it is a big red road machine with windscreen, radio, foot rests, and cruise control. It cannot go off-road like the trail bike.

Treat your newly-acquired bike-bod properly. Or it will fail you quickly.
Wrong. The afib was a one-off thing triggered by the lung removal. I'll take the word and advice of the doctors on that subject. I never did drink coffee, but my Coke Zero is loaded with caffeine. Drank a couple of cans the wife brought in while I was at the hospital. No one said a word. Ate the devil out of nicotine substitutes while I was in there, too.

Got dressed and headed to the pub. Got there, and the parking lot was seriously full with folks parking in the grass. Last time I saw that place pack 'em in like that was St. Patty's Day. I knew it would be standing room only, so we bailed. Went to Big Boy and copped a munch, got the Old Hen's SUV topped off with gas, and came home. I'll give 'er hell come Friday. Old Hen said I looked like death warmed over anyhoo. A few more days to heal up won't hurt me.

Probably. Seems like all you guys have been doing it lately. Thank God, that's not one of my problems, knock wood. Like I said, I got a three or four second event and didn't like it one bit. Can't even figure how you guys that live with it can handle it other than getting it fixed like you have. It's a totally weird feeling that I'd just as soon avoid. Pretty sure the right lung won't cause the same thing. The left lung is the one that's got the heart for a neighbor. :)

We are all in line, just not knowing who's turn is next
1670363929163.png

Latest posts

Back