The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PP has not banned me yet. I use it on all my Amazon orders. I have a Facebook account but don’t post there anymore after I was unfriended by someone that I offended when they couldn’t take my opinion on something I said. I have since learned to curb my comments (most of the time anyway) as to not step on anyones feelings and stopped posting there even tho it was nice to keep up with some of my old friends. It got a bit boring too with some people posting every aspect of their boring day…😂
Funny thing, with PP I always added some political name insults to password, next time it wouldn't work. I would change it back, next time it wouldn't work again.

Lately, they have stopped doing that, or they are to dumb to pick up on the message?

Bubba

Hope all are having

That sucks!!!

Hope all are having a good day. I have been busy in the grow. This hand issue I have put me way behind. Funny nothing slowed down but me. Time keeps marching on. Unfortunately there are some things I just can't do until the wound closes.
My hand wound (much smaller than yours) is finally closed, but still hurts a bit. Pinch point opening a AR15 on front pivot pin. Just pinched out a quarter inch plug out of the pad on palm just below pointer finger. Nothing to go back together. I just alcoholed it, peroxided it, filled hole with triple antibiotic and bandaged. Fortunately it was left hand at least.

Bubba

Circa mid 1970s. At the State fair with a big glob of killer hash oil and no way to smoke it. Stumbled on a glass blowing booth. Guy was heating up glass tube, blow a bubble on end to start, then turned them into what ever he was making. I asked if he would just blow the bubble on the end, and make a small hole in it? "Oh, you need a hash oil pipe!" Yes sir. For 5 bucks he made me three beauties and even engraved a tiny signature on them!

Bubba

Just binged a netfuk's series called Wednesday. It's a new fangled Adam's Family series. Usually not my forte, but the Pullet said I'd like it. Gotta admit, I've paid to see worse.
I watched it at a friend's house.It was watchable, but at the end of last episode those girls were doing a lot of hugging....
....it is Netflix after all

Bubba

Major wind event here today. I hate wind. Gonna make this a miserable day outside.

Hope you are better today Giggy. Along with all others dealing with medical issues. My hand procedure is behind me just gotta deal with the physical therapy which will be on going for some time.

Need to start thinking about cataract surgery which I put off to deal with my hand. W T F is next....geez.

Will be working in the grow this morning.... what's new.

Major wind event here today. I hate wind. Gonna make this a miserable day outside.

Hope you are better today Giggy. Along with all others dealing with medical issues. My hand procedure is behind me just gotta deal with the physical therapy which will be on going for some time.

Need to start thinking about cataract surgery which I put off to deal with my hand. W T F is next....geez.

Will be working in the grow this morning.... what's new.
I wouldnt ask ...

Nice!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221201_101030_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20221201_101030_Twitter.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Just got back from the hospital. They sent me down for an x-ray before I went to see the surgeon. Walked up to the machine and went into the usual poses. Gal said, "You've done this before!" I told her I had all kinds of frequent flyer miles racked up there.

Surgeon was great. Said everything I'm feeling was completely normal (I'd made a list of questions beforehand) and that everything looked good. The lymph nodes they carved out had no signs of cancer, and what was left of the lung was looking good. He said it would probably be the middle of January before they'd carve on the right lung. He still says no chemo or radiation will be needed, which is cool as hell in my book. If all of this gets me a few more years with my girls, it'll all be worth it.
He did say that he wants me to stay on the heart meds 'til after the next surgery. He said it would lessen the chance of going into afib again, but that it was no guarantee. Last time, it lasted for less than a minute, and the next surgery is a lot less lung than the first, so I'm optimistic.

Golden years my ass! :)

Just got back from the hospital. They sent me down for an x-ray before I went to see the surgeon. Walked up to the machine and went into the usual poses. Gal said, "You've done this before!" I told her I had all kinds of frequent flyer miles racked up there.

Surgeon was great. Said everything I'm feeling was completely normal (I'd made a list of questions beforehand) and that everything looked good. The lymph nodes they carved out had no signs of cancer, and what was left of the lung was looking good. He said it would probably be the middle of January before they'd carve on the right lung. He still says no chemo or radiation will be needed, which is cool as hell in my book. If all of this gets me a few more years with my girls, it'll all be worth it.
He did say that he wants me to stay on the heart meds 'til after the next surgery. He said it would lessen the chance of going into afib again, but that it was no guarantee. Last time, it lasted for less than a minute, and the next surgery is a lot less lung than the first, so I'm optimistic.

Clean living.jpg

At least u don't have to go thru chemotherapy and radiation. Congratulations.....I had to watch cancer eat my MOM up.She had to have a bone morrow transplant that machine was awesome to watch. I'm really happy for u spend every moment u can with the one's u love the most.

I had to watch Linda whither to 60 pounds before she finally went home, cancer is miserable and man made...1 year later the Dutch found cancer in me...I was lucky, they cut it out of my liver which is in end stage...
on a lighter note, made mah meatloaf for tomorrow and took this pic while walking down the road...
IMG_1630.JPG
IMG_1626.JPG

I had to watch Linda whither to 60 pounds before she finally went home, cancer is miserable and man made...1 year later the Dutch found cancer in me...I was lucky, they cut it out of my liver which is in end stage...
on a lighter note, made mah meatloaf for tomorrow and took this pic while walking down the road...View attachment 314841View attachment 314842
Meatloaf looks like it needs a knife ,fork and plate to me ....

Latest posts

Back