The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoy that harvest

whats it smell like?

got any pics?
Just realized I have a picture on file. Main stem. Don't remember but looks like 8 weeks out.

IMG_20221123_120835854~2.jpg

What kind of an idiot would attempt to shoot a gun like that.......I have seen people shoot a shotgun without the but being snug up to the shoulder.....only takes once.....
If'n it makes you feel any better:

That is an old staged photo. This was explained years ago; her boyfriend taking the picture swore he would never let his honey get hurt for "fun". And her pingle isn't on the trigger.

I don't remember a M14 kicking.....bout like a 16. When I was basic our company was one of the first to train with 16's. It was a lot lighter and smaller than the 14 but the 14 was a much more accurate weapon. I hated the peep site on the 16.
The M-14 (30.06 to me) had a whole lotta more punch than the Mattel Toy. 7.62x51 vs .22 Magnum.

Last edited:
tomorrow Tampa will be invaded by pirates as it is every year...google Gasparilla invasion...best day of the year to hold up a jewelry store...all the cops be at the parade doing security detail... ;)
Yowza. The traffic in Tampa is terrible. It goes down to three orders of magnitude more terrible with a half-million fargin pirates (only a third of them drunk).

Worse, it looks like the weather is gonna be in the sixties (eg: perfect for snowbirds)

I stay on the other coast.

The M-14 (30.06 to me) had a whole lotta more punch than the Mattel Toy. 7.62x51 vs .22 Magnum.
I found both the M-1 Garand and the M-14 Garand both a pleasure to shoot vis a vis a sporting weight Model 70 in the same calibers. I was originally issued an M-1 in bootcamp and first shot the M-14 at Camp Mathews.

I competed in DCM competitions using my M-1A Super Match (M-14) and developed enough points to purchase a Winchester M-1 Garand for $129 from DCM, which I had re-barreled with a McMillan stainless barrel and accurized. My tournament rifle builder also found me some pristine furniture to replace the cosmoline soaked furniture that it came with.

I shot Grand Master scores with both of them at 200 yards sitting rapid fire, better than I ever shot using my Model 70 ultra match target rifle.

The M-14 weighs about 10# loaded and shoots the 7.62 X 51 NATO or .308, versus the M-1 Garand which weighs about 10.5 lbs loaded and shoots the 7.62 X 63 or 30:06.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/m14-specs.htmhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Garand

Last edited:
gonna get more slower

time to relaese the chickens and feed the critters and finish up,some,projects

off to the Salt Mines!

View attachment 318481
Sounds like you have plenty to do. I will be busy in the grow this morning. Will be watching the storm move through this afternoon. No walk today.

Sounds like you have plenty to do. I will be busy in the grow this morning. Will be watching the storm move through this afternoon. No walk today.

yeah , i gotta put on my plumbers uniform and hook up the toilet , sink , and tub

all PEX

the cold front forecast has changed from last night

instead of -25 below we are only going to -10 below

woot! woot!

Latest posts

Back